Author Topic: WeatherLink App for Android  (Read 863 times)

Offline River Rat

WeatherLink App for Android
« on: April 18, 2016, 07:55:21 AM »
I have enjoyed seeing my weather information using the Weatherlink app for Android for a year now, but he latest update to Marshmallow is not playing nice with the app.  I have sent a trouble ticket to Davis, and they acknowledge the issue, and report that it is an issue with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and that the appropriate division has been notified.

Looking at the app in the Play Store, it says the app hasn't been updated since 2012.  Does anyone have any experience with how long it might take Davis to fix the issue?  This is not meant to be a rant on Davis--just seeking some information.

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: WeatherLink App for Android
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 09:07:56 AM »
One potential problem is that AFAIK Davis do only a fairly limited amount of software development in-house. For apps whose development was maybe contracted out or perhaps undertaken by a developer who has since left then there may well be some delay in getting issues resolved, while some further contracting is budgeted for and actually implemented. I've no real idea whether the WLfA app falls into one of these categories or not, but perhaps don't be surprised if there is some delay.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

anything