Author Topic: Alternative Dashboard Version 6.71 NOW RELEASED  (Read 31547 times)

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
Re: Alternative Dashboard Version 6.70 NOW RELEASED
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2012, 05:46:24 PM »
I seem to have an issue where the 24 hour time is selected to display in the file, when my page opens it in fact does display 24 hour time, then switches over to normal display. I've changed what I had to, or so I thought...where are the time display settings located???

Well first I noticed you are using the wrong version of testtags.txt (yours is version 1.6 and you should be on 1.7, included in archive).  Next you need to add in the rest of the files from the archive. (See instructions in the archive).

Are you on Ken's version 3 script or still on version2?

The time setting is located in the settings.php file

Scott
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:49:22 PM by WebsterWeather »
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline bucks County Weather

• http://www.backyardweather.org
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2012, 03:57:36 PM »
Since re-starting my site after 5 months of being offline its requiring too much time, that I don't have right now to get it all working correctly..
Chris

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2012, 06:43:39 AM »
I'm currently running the 6.60 beta and want to upgrade to 6.71. I copy over the needed files and make alterations in the settings for my station but on the dash page i get no data. Ive never had problems upgrading before.Any ideas on what could be wrong??

Cheers

Mike

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2012, 09:08:03 AM »
Mike, unfortunately the alt-dashboard's creator and guru, Scott, is no longer frequenting the forum due to health issues.  Without his help, we're all a bit at sea here.  I see that you're currently back to the 6.60 beta on your site (btw a url to your site in the query is always a good idea), and I will readily admit I've no clue regarding your problem with the 6.71 release.

The best advice I can give is to be sure you're using the latest 'testags.txt' source file in WD.  Also, I highly recommend the free cross-platform file comparison utility, 'DiffMerge', as a way to sort out configuration issues between script releases.  It is also vital for preserving any additional customization that you have done to the scripts.  Let us know regarding your progress, and we'll try to help sort things out as best we can.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2012, 04:11:50 PM »
Mike, unfortunately the alt-dashboard's creator and guru, Scott, is no longer frequenting the forum due to health issues.  Without his help, we're all a bit at sea here.  I see that you're currently back to the 6.60 beta on your site (btw a url to your site in the query is always a good idea), and I will readily admit I've no clue regarding your problem with the 6.71 release.

The best advice I can give is to be sure you're using the latest 'testags.txt' source file in WD.  Also, I highly recommend the free cross-platform file comparison utility, 'DiffMerge', as a way to sort out configuration issues between script releases.  It is also vital for preserving any additional customization that you have done to the scripts.  Let us know regarding your progress, and we'll try to help sort things out as best we can.

Thanks for the tip re DiffMerge. I ran the software and found a few differences in my altdashboard.php file which i changed and now i have version 6.70 working. The only thing to not work correctly is the tides section even though i have it switched on and generating tide details in WD. This is similar to version 6.60 beta where tides didn't work for me also.

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2012, 03:50:51 PM »
Back from Surgery and will be able to help a bit now while I recover.  The Tides script is setup in the config file and you must have the tides script already installed from it's original creator for it to work.  All I did was allow the script to put the information on the page and move the config to the dashboard config section.  Make sure it works stand-alone first then turn it on in the dashboard. 

Scott

Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2012, 03:55:51 PM »
I'm currently running the 6.60 beta and want to upgrade to 6.71. I copy over the needed files and make alterations in the settings for my station but on the dash page i get no data. Ive never had problems upgrading before.Any ideas on what could be wrong??

Cheers

Mike

Mike,

Differences between 6.60 and 6.71 are a new ajaxWDwx.js file, new config file with a few new settings and the new main script.  Make sure all three are updated on your site.  My guess is you didn't update to the lasted .js file as there and several additions there.

Scott

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2012, 03:56:47 PM »
Back from Surgery and will be able to help a bit now while I recover.

I don't know anything about the fancy internet web stuff.  But I do wish you a speedy recovery and good health!  :)
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline mickopla

• Forecaster
    • Waterford City Weather
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2012, 06:27:46 PM »
Back from Surgery and will be able to help a bit now while I recover.  The Tides script is setup in the config file and you must have the tides script already installed from it's original creator for it to work.  All I did was allow the script to put the information on the page and move the config to the dashboard config section.  Make sure it works stand-alone first then turn it on in the dashboard. 

Scott

Great to have you back Scott. I wish you a speedy recovery.
I got 6.70 to work but official record low doesn't appear when i hit a record low. Official high does appear.Is there anything i can check in order to get both working?? Thanks in advance

Mike

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2012, 09:47:51 PM »
Mike,

Official records come from Weather Undergrounds records based on your chosen official site.  If you have nothing setup for it in the config of Weather Display it will not work.  Check there first, let me know what your settings are if they are set.

Scott

Scott

Great to have you back Scott. I wish you a speedy recovery.
I got 6.70 to work but official record low doesn't appear when i hit a record low. Official high does appear.Is there anything i can check in order to get both working?? Thanks in advance

Mike

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
Re: Alternative Dashboard Version 6.71 NOW RELEASED
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2012, 05:01:27 PM »
UPDATE:  Version 6.71 is now released and available to download!

Whats NEW in version 6.71?
Fix for format issue in Tide.
Changes to Soil for 200cb to display properly.  
Can now use Heat Index and Wind Chill instead of Feels Like under current Temp. Just use settings in config.
Added ability to block soil moisture display if you only have temp probes for soil.

Upgrading Notes:
New config included for those updating, you need to update that to use this new version.  BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR OLD CONFIG FILE FIRST and be sure to set the config file to match your old site and needs!

Link to download is in message 1 of this thread!

Scott

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2012, 09:09:18 PM »
Hi Scott,

Hopefully these updates mean you are on the mend! Continued best wishes.

I have (of course) a problem. Unable to get this one to upzip. It just locks up my program. Tried the D/L twice. The zip for the mobile update worked fine.

Thanks.
John
W7JKG

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2012, 10:02:04 PM »
Hi Scott,

Hopefully these updates mean you are on the mend! Continued best wishes.

I have (of course) a problem. Unable to get this one to upzip. It just locks up my program. Tried the D/L twice. The zip for the mobile update worked fine.

Thanks.

Just checked the download and I was able to open it fine here.  Wonder if anyone else is seeing an issue?  As for being on the mend... yeah, getting better but sleep a lot and not a lot of energy yet so not much time on the computer yet but slowly working back!  Thanks

Scott

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2012, 02:18:05 AM »
Scott, anything different between this one and the 6.71b I've been running?

Thanks.
John
W7JKG

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2012, 11:19:03 AM »
Scott, anything different between this one and the 6.71b I've been running?

Thanks.

Just a few changes to the soil sections.  If you don't use soil you are ok.

Scott

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2012, 11:48:46 AM »
Just a few changes to the soil sections.  If you don't use soil you are ok.

Scott

Great - thanks.

BTW, finally did get a good download (now that I don't need it!).
John
W7JKG

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Vue, Boltek Stormtr., Mobotix M22-IT
    • Meteopistoia.it
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2012, 01:29:51 PM »
Hi Scott!
Thanks for this new version....
I've set it correctly but i don't manahe to change time format to 24 hour.
This is my settings file:

Code: [Select]
$timeFormat = 'D, M-d-Y H:i';  // Fri, 31-Mar-2006 6:35pm TZone
//$timeOnlyFormat = 'g:ia';    // h:mm[am|pm];
$timeOnlyFormat = 'H:i';     // hh:mm
$dateOnlyFormat = 'd-M-Y';   // d-Mon-YYYY
$WDdateMDY = false;     // true=dates by WD are 'month/day/year'
//                     // false=dates by WD are 'day/month/year'

....while this is the code on my ajaxWDwx.php:

// METRIC
var metricUOM =
   {Temp: '°C' // [ &dec;C | &dec;F ] ..........................Temp
   ,Wind: 'kph'    // [ kts | mph | kph  | m/s  ] ................. Wind
   ,Baro: 'hPa'    // [ hPa | mb  | inHg | mmHg ] ................. Baro
   ,Rain: 'mm'     // [ mm  | in  ] ............................... Rain
   ,Snow: 'cm'     // [ cm  | in  ] ............................... Snow
   ,Alti: 'm'      // [ m   | ft  ] ........................... Altitude
   ,Dist: 'km'     // [ m   | km  | miles] .................... Distance
   ,Deg : '°'  // [ deg | ° ] ........................ Direction
   ,dateFmt: "j-M-Y" // 26-04-2009 ... same format as "date" function in php (eg. for DE use "j.M.Y", for NL use "j-M-Y)
   ,timeFmt: "H:i:s" // 15:27:01 ..... same format as "date" function in php  ( for 12h clock use "g:i:s a" )
   ,timeHM : "H:i"   // 15:27 ........ same format as "date" function in php  ( for 12h clock use "g:i a" )

Other issue: After this release the summary text near icon doens't translate anymore.
Before this version i've set like this on my language-it.txt :
langlookup|Partly cloudy -  cumulonimbus clouds observed|Parzialmente nuvoloso - Avvistati cumulonembi|

Link: http://www.meteocarmignano.it
What's wrong?
Regards,

Alessandro
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:44:08 PM by i_fiorentino »

Offline vossen

• Indian Ocean Current Weather Information
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2012, 01:52:36 PM »
Hello and thanks again WebsterWeather for your work!

i been able now to implement your script into wordpress.
but, there is one BUT  :grin:

the translation part, it drives me mad  :shock:

in english i'm fine, but like to get it in a nother language and, there is no way.
i mean i get it somewhere, but not all are translated.

my question is.
this files are needed to change language is:

Settings.php
ajax-dashboard6.php
AltAjaxDashboardConfig6.php
language-xx.txt
language-xx.js
ajaxWDwx.js

common.php

but what ever i do, it does takes only part from here and there and i wounder,
from where the english part is coming, as i do not include the language-en.txt file.

i did read this http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/multilanguage.php.

perhaps it would help me, if you could tell me, from where the english text is coming.
i can't see this in my files installed.

regards

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2012, 10:25:26 AM »
Just a quick note to all that use my scripts:  As of November this year, I will be shutting down my site, Webster Weather Live.  It has been a great 5+ year run for it and it was a lot of fun.  Depending on how things go, I may start up again after I get settled in my new location.  I will continue to have the files for my scripts available for download and will post the link when it changes.  Thanks to everyone that has supported me and my tries at learning PHP through these scripts!

Scott

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Vue, Boltek Stormtr., Mobotix M22-IT
    • Meteopistoia.it
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2012, 12:18:22 PM »
Hi Scott,
i've seen that weather condiction text doesn't translate in italian language when condiction station override metar.
I've attached an example......
Image below you can see "Nessun Fenomeno" coming from station while "dusk" coming from what??
Is it possible to translate "dusk" word?
Regards,

Alessandro
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 01:44:58 PM by i_fiorentino »

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2012, 02:04:18 PM »
Hi Scott,
i've seen that weather condiction text doesn't translate in italian language when condiction station override metar.
I've attached an example......
Image below you can see "Nessun Fenomeno" coming from station while "dusk" coming from what??
Is it possible to translate "dusk" word?
Regards,

Alessandro

Dusk and Night time come from WD.  There is a check box to remove both but not sure there is any method to rename them in WD.  You could probably strip them out and translate them in the Java script as we change a few things there already like removing the "/" and "_" characters.  Will look into it for the next version if no-one else finds a way in the mean time.

Scott

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2012, 04:00:01 PM »
you can set solar decriptions (which include dusk ), in the solar setup in WD
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline Stetson1

• Cordera Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Cordera Weather
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2012, 05:52:47 PM »
So I've upgraded to the 6.71 Alt Dashboard and have just one issue. I cannot get my wind rose to display. I checked to make sure I had the graphics and I do, it will load for a second then just text appears. Any help is appreciated.

Todd

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2012, 07:44:22 PM »
So I've upgraded to the 6.71 Alt Dashboard and have just one issue. I cannot get my wind rose to display. I checked to make sure I had the graphics and I do, it will load for a second then just text appears. Any help is appreciated.

Todd

Todd,

The ajaxWDwx.js loads after the page loads and trys to update the page.  The image it is trying to load is a .jpg one.  You have two places to think about with the ajax updates, one is the main code (.php) and the updates from the java script.  Change them both to match the image type and it will work!

Scott

Offline Stetson1

• Cordera Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Cordera Weather
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2012, 08:29:03 PM »
Thanks, did not realize the js file also had a reference (or I just didn't remember it). All is working now.

Todd