Author Topic: Acu-Link Internet Bridge: How-to Access Local Data  (Read 2893 times)

Offline NetMagi

Acu-Link Internet Bridge: How-to Access Local Data
« on: December 03, 2012, 04:25:08 PM »
New here, but have been lurking for a while.

I picked up one of Acu-Link's Internet Bridges as soon as they officially went on sale, and put together a solution to get local sensor data updated much more frequently than otherwise available.

Did a full write-up on my blog:

http://moderntoil.com/?p=794

-Rich H.

Offline tnelson

Re: Acu-Link Internet Bridge: How-to Access Local Data
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 05:16:32 PM »
Hi Rich, great work, and like that you were able to not only grab the dat from the bridge, but also allowed it to be sent on the acurite.

Tom

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 05:49:48 AM »
Great minds think alike.  This was *exactly* how I was thinking about tapping the bridge's data flow, right down to writing it in bash!!!  The only thing that I was planning to do differently was to use a second network port in my web server as the bridge's network connection, so that I could provide spoofed DHCP/DNS using the native Linux utilities on just that one ethernet port and it would be completely isolated from the rest of my home network.  Thank you for sharing your script.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 03:57:16 PM »
if your script could be set to create a data file, that weather display could read in (see the universal data input), then you can get WD to update to acur rite my backyard, update to wunderground, PWS, Awekas, etc etc
and be able to ftp to a web site, graph your data, log your data, etc etc
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com