Author Topic: MBW rainfall incorrect  (Read 1521 times)

Offline hdtvluvr

• Senior Contributor
MBW rainfall incorrect
« on: October 06, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »
OK, I just installed a new 5 in 1. Last one wouldn't measure rain at all. Before mounting this one, I ran calibration checks and adjusted the unit.

Now it is mounted. My 01015 and my 01050 receivers both indicate 0 Rainfall. MBW says 338186 inches.  I've reset the bridge and the rainfall is still the same. How do I correct it? BTW, it has now uploaded to MBW at least 10 times and still says 338186 inches.

Also, MBW has both 5 in 1's in the list - the old one that doesn't have batteries and the new one. I removed the old one from my dashboard and selected the new one. The old one still shows up in Manage my Sensors. How do I remove it?

Offline hdtvluvr

• Senior Contributor
Re: MBW rainfall incorrect
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 06:18:25 PM »
We just got 0.03 inches according to my displays and MBW still has the erroneous number.

Offline hdtvluvr

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 01:04:04 PM »
Follow-up:

Some time during the night it reset to 0 with the high # being the previous amount. Wish I knew how it happened in the first place.

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 03:28:02 PM »
The rainfall may read incorrect for some users on the website, this is one of the things that will be corrected with the firmware update later this month- which will happen automatically.

Note that the current rain total will roll over at midnight, and will then show up as the "prev. event" THere will be more rain features in the future- we will continue to support and expand the features of the Acu-Link products going forward.

Thanks!
Ryan

Offline hdtvluvr

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 04:17:55 PM »
Thanks Rhino. My old 5 in 1 didn't have a problem with rain or sending the data to MBW until a few weeks ago when even my 1015 display wouldn't register rain from the 5 in 1. That's why I replaced it this weekend. Just couldn't understand why the initial reading of this new 5 in 1 on MBW was so wrong.

I replaced the 5 in 1 Saturday with a unit I received when I got the bridge for beta testing. The humidity sensor on the 5 in 1 had been defective for quite some time but I didn't want to go to the hassle of taking the 5 in 1 down just for that. Losing 2 of 5 sensors was enough for me to set time aside and replace the unit.

I've had the original 5 in 1 installed since at least early March 2011. I don't suppose it is still in warranty?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:41:42 PM by hdtvluvr »

anything