Author Topic: Spring/Summer '17  (Read 18015 times)

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
  • "Be aware to our nature"
    • PIMOHWEATHER
Re: Spring/Summer '17
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 10:21:14 AM »
Damn I wish we can have snow here too but its not gonna happened  :lol:

our temp today highest is 93F (34 C) with its heat index soaring 105F damn cool, nope but damn hawt haha and got another quake at MG 4.9 (8km depth), we got a total of 44 strong earth quakes in just 7 days and actually 4 of our towns declared under state of calamity XD

the best thing I did today is I modified our local rain radar into my version which is more detailed map terrain compared to this one on the right which is seemed PAGASA personnels are too lazy in modifying their web pages  ](*,)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:26:45 AM by pimohdaimaoh »

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 10:29:38 AM »
My station data since 2012 for Apr 19 :D

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2017, 04:59:20 AM »
There is a flood watch until noon Saturday for more than the northeastern quarter of Oklahoma. It includes Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Stillwater.  Tornadoes are possible from south central to east central Oklahoma on Friday.

FLOOD WATCH

Areas Affected:
    Canadian - Cleveland - Garfield - Grady - Grant - Kay - Kingfisher - Lincoln - Logan - McClain - Noble - Oklahoma - Payne - Pottawatomie - Seminole
    Effective: Wed, 4/19 3:45pm Updated: Wed, 4/19 5:51pm Urgency: Future
    Expires: Sat, 4/22 12:00am Severity: Moderate Certainty: Possible

Details:

...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY
    EVENING...
    The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a
    * Flood Watch for flash flooding...flooding of creeks and
    rivers...and flooding of low lying areas for portions of
    central Oklahoma, east central Oklahoma, and northern
    Oklahoma, including the following areas, in central Oklahoma,
    Canadian, Cleveland, Grady, Kingfisher, Lincoln, Logan,
    McClain, Oklahoma, Payne, and Pottawatomie. In east central
    Oklahoma, Seminole. In northern Oklahoma, Garfield, Grant,
    Kay, and Noble.
    * From late Thursday night through Friday evening
    * Rainfall totals of 2 to 4 inches within and close to the watch
    area. Higher amounts are possible.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...
    A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
    current forecasts. You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
    Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
    prepared to take action should flooding develop.

AREA COVERED:

Weatherman from  Oklahoma City TV channel 5 forecasts 3-6" of rain in northeast Oklahoma.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2017, 09:46:37 AM »
There is a flood watch until noon Saturday for more than the northeastern quarter of Oklahoma. It includes Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Stillwater.  Tornadoes are possible from south central to east central Oklahoma on Friday.

FLOOD WATCH

Areas Affected:
    Canadian - Cleveland - Garfield - Grady - Grant - Kay - Kingfisher - Lincoln - Logan - McClain - Noble - Oklahoma - Payne - Pottawatomie - Seminole
    Effective: Wed, 4/19 3:45pm Updated: Wed, 4/19 5:51pm Urgency: Future
    Expires: Sat, 4/22 12:00am Severity: Moderate Certainty: Possible

Details:

...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY
    EVENING...
    * Flood Watch for flash flooding...flooding of creeks and
    rivers...and flooding of low lying areas for portions of
    central Oklahoma, east central Oklahoma, and northern
    Oklahoma, including the following areas, in central Oklahoma,
    Canadian, Cleveland, Grady, Kingfisher, Lincoln, Logan,
    McClain, Oklahoma, Payne, and Pottawatomie. In east central
    Oklahoma, Seminole. In northern Oklahoma, Garfield, Grant,
    Kay, and Noble.
    * From late Thursday night through Friday evening
    * Rainfall totals of 2 to 4 inches within and close to the watch
    area. Higher amounts are possible.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...
    A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
    current forecasts. You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
    Flood Warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
    prepared to take action should flooding develop.

AREA COVERED:

Weatherman from  Oklahoma City TV channel 5 forecasts 3-6" of rain in northeast Oklahoma.

such a huge rain drop down there, this will reach on our  country as a hot weather news like last year :roll:

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2017, 09:49:10 AM »
Couple of days ago, it was 85 and I was in shorts and a t-shirt.

Today, 55 and long sweats.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2017, 11:18:05 AM »
We are back to winter here.

2 weeks ago we broke the absolute max for that day, 2 days ago the absolute min....

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2017, 11:49:58 AM »
We are back to winter here.

2 weeks ago we broke the absolute max for that day, 2 days ago the absolute min....

Kinda the same here after the passage of a strong cold front.  The low is to be 39 Sunday morning.  That is unusually cold for a low here for time of year  At least it won't be any closer to 32.  Many gardeners have their flowers and vegetables planted.  Hopefully, 39 holds as forecast, and there won't be any surprise freeze warning. 

On Friday, the front brought a lot of rain and included some severe thunderstorms.  Winds up to 80 mph blew down tall power poles on May Ave. in northwest Oklahoma  City, pictured.  Much of the Oklahoma City metro area got between 2 and 6 inches of rain.  The Tulsa area got a lot of rain, too.  For my station less so with 1.93" with nothing severe.

http://newsok.com/gallery/articleid/5546343/pictures/4706162?hideNav=true&dontTrackPage=false

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 11:57:08 AM by Bunty »

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2017, 11:56:35 AM »
Currently 48 with a 'real feel' temperature of 41 (however they figure that), windy, with drizzel.  More like a warm January day than April.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2017, 12:18:31 PM »
Temps up to 26°C (79°F) 2 weeks ago, sunny
Temps day before yesterday: daily max 2°C (35°F), night minimum -6°C (21°F), snowing, windy, feels like around -8°C (17°F) :D

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2017, 12:20:29 PM »
too hot in the morning, but tonight? this is how it rain on my place max 6.142 inches of total rain whic the rain today images cannot SHOWN beyond dials because its above 100mm LOL , as you can see in actual were on FLOODING right now with landslides on some locations wew (April 22,2017 starting 11:32pm)  :oops:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:22:53 PM by pimohdaimaoh »

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2017, 04:15:43 PM »
Today is such a great day in Minneapolis. Mid-sixties clear skies calm winds beautiful day. So I am at the convention center downtown watching a dance competition. I can't get any time to fertilize my yard.
But on the bright side I just found out that my daughter made the dance team at North Dakota State. Great day
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 09:31:49 PM by chief-david »

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2017, 12:33:02 AM »
Today is such a great day in Minneapolis. Mid-sixties clear skies calm winds beautiful day. So I am at the convention center downtown watching a dance competition. I can't get any time to fertilize my yard.
But on the bright side I just found out that my daughter made the dance team at North Dakota State. Great day
good to hear that as ive look at you weather systems are assertive EXCEPT ours, we have 27 casualties already with 2 dead on floods due to a heavy rain since last night (we have 84 mm of rain today) and this morning a pain in the ass heat index, how terrible our weather system is if CZECH is on almost same constant colder temp, but ours is unpredictable, during the weather changes is in instant change. Imgine in the morning the suns slapping our skins then at night HEAVY rain slapping our land location causing damages and floods. how terrible climate change in our country :(
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:42:58 AM by pimohdaimaoh »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2017, 12:49:47 AM »
Not sure I understand your post,  but you seem to live in a rainy area

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2017, 10:46:51 AM »
Not sure I understand your post,  but you seem to live in a rainy area

We are in summer season but still experiencing heavy rains, and yes im living on a tropical country that does most of rains and typhoons, cant imagine only for this month I got a total of 314 rain trend. sorry for my bad english sometimes coz im not too fluent on grammar  :oops:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 10:50:35 AM by pimohdaimaoh »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2017, 11:07:56 AM »
Thats fine, Im also not a native speaker, I just didnt get what you meant regarding my country :D

P.S.
Very variable daily precipitation amounts on consecutive days have nothing to do with climate change ;) Do not confuse weather with climate, those are very different.

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2017, 10:56:37 PM »
Thats fine, Im also not a native speaker, I just didnt get what you meant regarding my country :D

P.S.
Very variable daily precipitation amounts on consecutive days have nothing to do with climate change ;) Do not confuse weather with climate, those are very different.

yes it supposed to be like that but even our local weather government decided that the experience in our daily precipitation is due to our country's climate changes after a Typhoon HAIYAN ("Yolanda" in our local name) destroys almost entire visayas region last Nov 2013, imagine we are close to China shich is one of the mos polluted country reaching above ozone rate of gas emissions affecting southern countries, also the supposed to be our heavy rain season should be in june-august. normal precipitation should not exceed 40mm of precipitation in just 1 hr for normal climate according to PAGASA and in summer season in our country should be experience inter tropical conversion only, not as heavy precipitation exceeding above 3 inches of precipitation in just one hour in one night. PAGASA said only a selected countries now a days are to be considered normal climate rate, this is why our president SIGNED again the deal in Paris Climate change program last March 2017 to control gas emissions causing climate changes in tropical countries like ours, I dont know if CHINA will cooperate. (http://globalnation.inquirer.net/153030/duterte-finallly-signs-paris-agrement-climate-change) after that, our gov. delegate representative officials of UN urges to study about the report for climate change in our country and that time while our delegate in speech giving directive reports of climate change for philippines, that time exactly while our country is under destruction form TC Haiyan and if you remembered this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SSXLIZkM3E) with that of our government considers and to address issues regarding change in climate observations from PAGASA since 2012, so its obvious that we are already at the belt of climate change which the whole world in UN org.  awares that. ( take note this storm we had ago is not an ordinary for the most of decades in our history https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfHaK-bK53M)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 06:29:11 AM by pimohdaimaoh »

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2017, 12:10:57 PM »
The record low high for this date is 55 (1965).  It's currently 53 and forecast to be cloudy with drizzle.  Making a run for it?  Forecast is 66, but I'm having doubts considering the northwest wind.

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2017, 10:27:47 PM »
High of 34 today.  Not sure yet, May be a record low high for this date. Had a few snow flurries a few times today. Cancelled a track meet.  Felt like 27. Then when we cancelled, kids asked why?
I told them to step outside.  They got the idea fast.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2017, 12:03:38 PM »
Still well below average, drizzle/rain all day and windy :-) Ideal for me :) Snow at higher elevations

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2017, 02:18:16 PM »
Wow, the hype!  10 Inches Of Snow, Hail, Flooding Rain, Tornado Threat For Oklahoma This Weekend.  Tulsa could get up to 5.8" of rain.  http://www.news9.com/story/35275902/10-inches-of-snow-hail-flooding-rain-tornado-threat-for-oklahoma-this-weekend

At any rate, it's a classic spring low pressure set up. Severe weather on Southern Plains and a snow storm along the Front Range in Colorado. Denver is supposed to pick up 4-6 inches by Saturday night.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 02:24:14 PM by Bunty »

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2017, 03:18:23 PM »
^^  I thought April Fools was at the beginning of the month?

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2017, 04:56:25 AM »
^^  I thought April Fools was at the beginning of the month?

Well, another TV weatherman in Oklahoma City, Mike Morgan of KFOR, shows Tulsa getting considerably less rain.  He shows heaviest rain will concentrate in the southeast part of the state with nothing going over 5". 

Just had a severe thunderstorm here that didn't amount to much, except for heavy rain and a wind gust to 29 mph.  It lightly hailed pea size.  Rain amount has gone over an inch with more coming.  Total rain at my station for all of April may get to 7 inches.  That means no more drought in my part of Oklahoma on the drought map.

Photo shown taking a break between two storms as of 04:20 am, April 28.   No severe storm warning had been called on the new approaching storm at that time.  However, a flood watch has just been issued.  I'm not surprised.  Lines of storms are going through the middle of the state like a parade, a situation I seldom see.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 06:09:36 AM by Bunty »

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2017, 10:50:46 AM »
Meanwhile in the Philippines (April 29,2017) magnitude 7.3 and that area declared national Calamity in an instant. . . .:3  :shock:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:53:37 AM by pimohdaimaoh »

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2017, 12:24:22 PM »
Any reports of significant damage in the country?
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2017, 02:41:22 PM »
Rainfall totals in central Oklahoma thus far from radar estimates.  The white areas are around 5+ inches.  One of the severe storms last night brought wind that caused damage in Oklahoma City.  I-40 was closed due to fallen power lines across it.

River Flood Warning in my county.

Details:

* Flood Warning for
The Cimarron River near Ripley.
* from late tonight to late Monday night...or until the warning is
cancelled.
* At 9:00 AM Saturday the stage was 11.3 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Forecast...The Cimarron River will rise above flood stage early
Sunday morning and crest near 19.6 feet early Monday morning. The
Cimarron River will fall below flood stage Monday evening.
* Impact...At 20.0 feet...The Cimarron River valley in Payne County
is covered by flood depths averaging 3 feet...with hazardous
currents. Agricultural lands...oil wells...and water wells
located near the river banks are inundated or cut off...several
hours before and after the crest passes Ripley.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 02:56:13 PM by Bunty »