Author Topic: Internet Bridge  (Read 3782 times)

Offline jeeptj5

Internet Bridge
« on: October 10, 2011, 04:00:06 PM »
I was on the fone with AcuRite support today because my bridge had disconnected a couple of times - and she indicated that there is a firmware update that will be pushed into the bridges on Friday (10/15) to fix that problem.  While I was on the fone, I asked if there was any application to directly read the bridge data on the local network and display the local weather station in real time.  She indicated that there was nothing in the works but that she would mention to the design team.

SO, my question is: Do any of you AcurRite bridge users want such a piece of software developed to see your bridge data real time and independent of the AcuRite servers? (should they be unavailable, etc)

Please answer on this thread and the AcRute folks will see it..

Thanks

Don

Offline wxtech

• Weather Equipment Technician
  • Forecaster
  • USAF Weather Equipment Maintenance Tech (retired)
    • Lexington, Ga. Weather
Re: Internet Bridge
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »
SO, my question is: Do any of you AcurRite bridge users want such a piece of software developed to see your bridge data real time and independent of the AcuRite servers? (should they be unavailable, etc)  Please answer on this thread and the AcRute folks will see it..

Thanks

Don
My answer:  yes, definitely.
Not being able to access my online data was a major disadvantage.  There seemed to be some processing done to my wx data before it appeared on the backyard weather site weather widgets.  
When my WU data didn't get updated, I wouldn't know if it was my bridge reception or a problem at Acu-Rite HQ.
I was a beta test site for less than three weeks.  I pulled the plug when the firmware update downloading from Acu-Rite HQ locked up my router and nothing else got through.
Acu-Rite should survey WxForum members as what features should be in a private weather station.  Acu-Rite should provide beta test kits to several WxForum members for a brutal evaluation.  Only if/when the Acu-Link meets the needs of WxForum members should it be made available to the private weather station owner.
Al
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:23:40 PM by wxtech »
Al Washington, Lexington, Ga.,  NWS Coop station=LXTG1, Fischer Porter, SRG, MMTS. 
CoCoRaHS=GA-OG-1. CWOP=CW2074.  Davis VP2+ WLIP 5.9.2, VP(original) serial, VWS v15.00 p02. ImageSalsa, Win7 & Win8 all-in-one.

Offline Tawpie

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 12:56:58 AM »
I think it would be nice... I'd suggest for ease of implementation that an owner be able to change the upload server address.  Of course to be useful we'd need to know how the data is formatted, but if the data is transmitted using plain old http and XML then some of us could make cool add on stuff. Community development is the term de jour I believe.

Offline tonyguy2000

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 09:21:36 AM »
 Do any of you AcurRite bridge users want such a piece of software developed to see your bridge data real time and independent of the AcuRite servers?   YES I would.

I was on the fone with AcuRite support today because my bridge had disconnected a couple of times - and she indicated that there is a firmware update that will be pushed into the bridges on Friday (10/15) to fix that problem.  While I was on the fone, I asked if there was any application to directly read the bridge data on the local network and display the local weather station in real time.  She indicated that there was nothing in the works but that she would mention to the design team.

SO, my question is: Do any of you AcurRite bridge users want such a piece of software developed to see your bridge data real time and independent of the AcuRite servers? (should they be unavailable, etc)

Please answer on this thread and the AcRute folks will see it..

Thanks

Don

Offline Bivman

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 05:15:14 PM »
I'd like to be able to send data to CWOP and ham radio APRS.
Where can I get a unit to Beta test?

Thanks,
Jon

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 03:55:57 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys- I have been really busy developing this next years product line- but believe me, I AM listening!

Offline MNM

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 06:54:50 PM »
Anyone able to help?? My Acurite bridge will not connect to internet to allow registration. I can see the ip address page locally. This is getting annoying as I can usually figure this kind of stuff out

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 10:24:12 PM »
Anyone able to help?? My Acurite bridge will not connect to internet to allow registration. I can see the ip address page locally. This is getting annoying as I can usually figure this kind of stuff out

Are you talking about the Access?

The bridge went defunct a few years back.

Offline MNM

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 05:10:09 AM »
Oh that's my luck, I received the 5 in 1 as a gift and it included the bridge. What options do I have? Thanks

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 08:44:05 AM »
You could buy a display with PC connect, or the Access. The smarthub has become obsolete, and is just about useless now. Nobody knows for sure if it will work with 3rd party gear yet after this month, but there is still Kevin Keys reader if you want to try that. It could be a little complicated for a beginner.

Offline MNM

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 03:31:43 PM »
Thank you for the reply. I will look into it!  =D> =D>

anything