Author Topic: What Weather Station & data logger Should I Buy?  (Read 2222 times)

Offline primavera

What Weather Station & data logger Should I Buy?
« on: March 16, 2010, 12:53:37 PM »
Hi, I had a project, the project consists in install Weather Station in a forest, the problem is in the forest we don’t have an internet connection, but in some parts have mobile phone reception.
Which data logger and weather Station is the recommended for connected  enveded mobile phone (EX: http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9270) or which solution is recommended.
I want to upload the information to data base and display to web site.
I prefer wired weather stations.

Regards  8-)

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
Re: What Weather Station & data logger Should I Buy?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 01:09:43 PM »
Sending email response...

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »
Sending email response...

LOL   :grin:    I was going to send you that post.
How is WE doing?

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 05:34:51 PM »
LOL   :grin:    I was going to send you that post.
How is WE doing?

WeatherElement is coming along. I have a new programmer helping me finish up some client interface stuff, and redesigning the database for faster access. (With only 6 stations on line, querying for graph drawing was starting to take too long. The single weather data table is over 7.5 million records!) The DB redesign will make maintenance easier, and also allow us to more easily access and display data from any extra wireless VP2 sensors a client has.

My other programmer is wrapping up the sales, registration, client management, and admin pages.

The hardware interface is stable. The list of features to add is small, and none are critical to the operation.

We just added a local fire dept a couple of weeks ago, and I sent an interface to Rainmanweather.com today.

On the downside, the Condor Lookout solar/cellular station went off line about 10 days ago. It was intermittent for several days before that, and we've had a wet, stormy winter here, so I suspect the problem is with the site's solar power system, rather than the WE stuff.

Unfortunately, USFS has closed both roads into the site due to storm damage, so I won't be able to get up there for a while longer to see what's going on, and get it back on-line.

(Well, that rather thoroughly hijacked this thread... Sorry, Primavera....)

Back to your regularly scheduled thread....