Author Topic: Henkka's Euroblitz Script  (Read 16023 times)

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
Re: Henkka's Euroblitz Script
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 10:07:52 AM »
Mike, et al,

I notice that most of you still show the overlapping numbers on the graph. There is an apparent fix for this on the non-public forum. The link to that post follows:
This 'fix' does nothing to solve my Chrome bargraph mouseover display problem.  I'm not sure what my problem is here...

OK...Problem Solved.  I outsmarted myself when I modified the Euroblitz Script to use both wide and narrow templates by copying /BO/js directory to /js in order to take the lazy way out.  Modifying the copy of bo.js in /js indeed cured the Chrome bargraph mouseover problem.  Mea culpa. :oops:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 10:17:12 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline K3JAE

• Contributor
  • Davis VP2 Wireless
    • K3JAE's Weather Station
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2014, 04:30:46 AM »
OK, I am totally lost.

Looked for the script on the forum and cannot locate. Can someone point to me where the downloadable script package is located please??

I joined the forum, there is very little there unless I missed it. I checked the various links at top. I see they offer a lightening board but have no idea how to get even that... ??  ](*,)
It's in the Internal Forum, members only. Hennka has a non-public link to the script at nordicweather.net
The topic title is  "EuroBlitz - script for showing data on the website"
If you're logged in:
http://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=260
I noticed a glitch last night in the forum that was causing the pages to not load correctly... may have contributed to your confusion...
The 'internal forum' has lots and lots of stuff, but it does not display for non-logged in. The public forum is new.
Mike

OK, obviously I do not have access to the Internal Forum. It does not even show up on my login. How does one get access to that forum board?

73's de K3JAE

John
K3JAE Weather Station

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 07:55:43 AM »
OK, I am totally lost.

Looked for the script on the forum and cannot locate. Can someone point to me where the downloadable script package is located please??

I joined the forum, there is very little there unless I missed it. I checked the various links at top. I see they offer a lightening board but have no idea how to get even that... ??  ](*,)
It's in the Internal Forum, members only. Hennka has a non-public link to the script at nordicweather.net
The topic title is  "EuroBlitz - script for showing data on the website"
If you're logged in:
http://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=260
I noticed a glitch last night in the forum that was causing the pages to not load correctly... may have contributed to your confusion...
The 'internal forum' has lots and lots of stuff, but it does not display for non-logged in. The public forum is new.
Mike

OK, obviously I do not have access to the Internal Forum. It does not even show up on my login. How does one get access to that forum board?
John, have you built your station?  Only active stations can access the internal forum, and only active stations can access the data necessary to run this script.
http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page=3&region=3&subpage_0=30&p=3
Mike

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2014, 10:23:53 AM »
Mine is up and running.
See http://www.miraculon.net/henkka.html
I would appreciate a hint on how to eliminate the "Timelapse" button so that it doesn't show Finland. John Sacrey and Cutty, it seems like you did this. How?

Greg

John Sacrey got back with me on a PM. I thought that others might benefit from the info, so here it is:

Hi Greg,

Open up bo.php and look for this line:

<input type="radio" class="checkboxes" id="static" value="static" name="gr1"/><label for="static">Timelapse</label>

Just delete the entire line, save, and reupload and you should be good to go.

John

Greg

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline K3JAE

• Contributor
  • Davis VP2 Wireless
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2014, 10:34:40 AM »
John, have you built your station?  Only active stations can access the internal forum, and only active stations can access the data necessary to run this script.
http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page=3&region=3&subpage_0=30&p=3
Mike

Ah, OK, no station is not yet built. Sent for info on cost etc. to get kit. Still awaiting reply.

73's de K3JAE

John
K3JAE Weather Station

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2014, 10:47:32 AM »
Send Egon a note and see where they are on it. They get busy and backlogged sometimes. This is a volunteer effort, so be patient.

Egon Wanke
Fabriciusstraße 10
D-40225 Dusseldorf
Germany
Tel. +49 179 5902273

E-Mail:  info (at) blitzortung.org

In addition to requesting cost/availability, did you request a username/password? Ask Egon for a log-in name and password if not.

Greg
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 08:15:47 AM by miraculon »

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2014, 12:48:35 PM »
Send Egon a note and see where they are on it. They get busy and backlogged sometimes. This is a volunteer effort, so be patient.

Egon Wanke
Fabriciusstraße 10
D-40225 Dusseldorf
Germany
Tel. +49 179 5902273

In addition to requesting cost/availability, did you request a username/password? Ask Egon for a log-in name and password it not.

Greg

I don't think he will give you that information until you actually place an order for the kit. I didn't get mine until AFTER he had received the $$$.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2014, 05:40:15 PM »
Yeah, Bruceton will be a great location for another station!... help us fill in the blanks!
Mike

Offline K3JAE

• Contributor
  • Davis VP2 Wireless
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2014, 12:04:41 AM »

Egon Wanke
Fabriciusstraße 10
D-40225 Dusseldorf
Germany
Tel. +49 179 5902273

In addition to requesting cost/availability, did you request a username/password? Ask Egon for a log-in name and password it not.

Greg

I did request info on the project and cost but have not yet heard anything. Can someone here advise what the cost is and if I understand I still have to come up with an antenna correct?

73's de K3JAE

John
K3JAE Weather Station

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2014, 06:59:16 AM »

Egon Wanke
Fabriciusstraße 10
D-40225 Dusseldorf
Germany
Tel. +49 179 5902273

Greg

I did request info on the project and cost but have not yet heard anything. Can someone here advise what the cost is and if I understand I still have to come up with an antenna correct?
What Greg's saying is 'follow up on your request!'...
You can get antennas with the project kit if you're not comfortable building your own.  The little antennas work great, although later I did build my own, simply because I wanted to. The cost of the kit and shipping totally depends on what you order above and beyond the ckt bds and components...  Egon needs to quote the prices for you, I'm not sure we should be throwing 'guesses' at you here on the forum... prices depend on some variables such as currency exchange, shipping, and components chosen.

Offline K3JAE

• Contributor
  • Davis VP2 Wireless
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2014, 06:34:38 PM »
Understtod. Shortly after my last posting I did receive a response with the info needed.

I will most likely get a "cut" version as a few items I either have, have the capability to make or purchase here in the US.

73's de K3JAE

John
K3JAE Weather Station

Offline dfroula

• Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »
I've got the script and updates working fine, with a few mods to eliminate the time lapse and movie stuff, which don't work for North America.

I also have a link to the "bo_webpage.php" script on a main page. What I can't figure out is how to embed the script in the main page html itself so the script displays on the home page!

http://projectmf.homelinux.com/

and

http://projectmf.homelinux.com/BO/bo_webpage.php

Don
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:57:39 PM by dfroula »

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2014, 04:59:56 PM »
I've got the script and updates working fine, with a few mods to eliminate the time lapse and movie stuff, which don't work for North America.

I also have a link to the "bo_webpage.php" script on a main page. What I can't figure out is how to embed the script in the main page html itself so the script displays on the home page!

Don

Did you try an iframe?

For example:
<center><iframe src="http://www.miraculon.net/BO/bo_webpage.php" height=1270 width=900 scrolling=auto frameborder=0></iframe></center>

Greg

Offline dfroula

• Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2014, 05:18:00 PM »
Thanks Greg! Works perfectly!

Now, if I could figure out why the historical graph is off by -4 hours!

Per instructiions, I have the following set...

In bo.php:
date_default_timezone_set("UTC");

In bo_update.php:
date_default_timezone_set("UTC");
$localtimezone="America/Chicago";

The local time displays correctly in the upper-right corner.
The Network Stats and Station Stats show local time, OK.
The Statistics tab report shows UTC, which is acceptable.

Only the "24 h activity" tab graph has the odd -4 hour offset.

Don

Offline dfroula

• Forecaster
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2014, 09:37:09 AM »
I fixed my issues with the incorrect time showing in the "24 h activity" graph and the "Network stats/Own station stats" areas of the display with the following procedure.

- Temporarily stop cron updates by editing my crontab and removing the bo_update.php entry.
 - Verify that "date_default_timezone_set" is set to "UTC" in bo_update.php
 - Verify that "$localtimezone" in bo_update.php is set to my correct local timezone, "America/Chicago" for my location.
 - Verify that "date_default_timezone_set" is set to "UTC" in bo.php.
 - Delete all files in the BO/cache/ directory.
 - Delete all files in the BO/reports directory
 - Using phpMyAdmin, "Empty" (don't "Drop"!) all data in the three EuroBlitz database tables: bo_hourly, bo_stat and bo_strikes.
 - Restart the bo_update.php cron job.

This resyncs the time in the database with the time settings in the bo_update.php and bo.php files. After doing the above steps, all my timestamps began displaying correctly. Unfortunately, you will lose the historical data.

I had tried editing the JavaScript files to add fixed time offsets in various places in the code. This sort of worked, but it seemed there was a more fundamental problem with my installation. All is working well now:

http://projectmf.homelinux.com

Regards,

Don

Offline weatherc

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2014, 05:45:52 PM »
Hi folks,

The script has been taken off the wintersleep and are on the drawingboard again. :D

Testing with an idea from a Danish user about ability to show both BO-data and data from the Bolteks (aka my NSD-script). After a few toughts was my tought "why not", the allinone-tracker with both realtime-updates (Bolteks) and high-accuracy data but with a bit slower updates (BO). :P
At least from the feedback i have get on my own site is it the "realtime" in NSD what visitors like what of course are impossible for BO but instead it has the accuracy was Bolteks not have.

There are some things to figure out yet before i can say if it will be reality or not but the idea is to have it possible to run in 3 "modes" depending on what the user/station have available; BO only, Boltek only and both.

// Henkka

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2014, 05:56:59 PM »
That sounds interesting, Henkka!  I, for one, will be looking forward to it while I wonder just how you make it happen...

Many thanks!
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Vue, Boltek Stormtr., Mobotix M22-IT
    • Meteopistoia.it
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2014, 08:42:52 AM »
Hi folks,

The script has been taken off the wintersleep and are on the drawingboard again. :D

Testing with an idea from a Danish user about ability to show both BO-data and data from the Bolteks (aka my NSD-script). After a few toughts was my tought "why not", the allinone-tracker with both realtime-updates (Bolteks) and high-accuracy data but with a bit slower updates (BO). :P
At least from the feedback i have get on my own site is it the "realtime" in NSD what visitors like what of course are impossible for BO but instead it has the accuracy was Bolteks not have.

There are some things to figure out yet before i can say if it will be reality or not but the idea is to have it possible to run in 3 "modes" depending on what the user/station have available; BO only, Boltek only and both.

// Henkka

Wow Hennka, that a good idea!
It will be a great add-on :)

Offline weatherc

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2014, 09:15:47 AM »
Hi guys,

Seems not to be that difficult to do once a few design-issues has been figured out  :grin:

A few possibilites to figure out what will work best by taken in act also situations with lots of strikes.
In mode "both BO and Boltek available" could for best performance be that it shows only one dataset at time (and the boxes in attached pic changes based on that). Alltought it should be possible to show both datasets at same time but the risk for laggy map are then much bigger too as both datasets can contain plentty of strikes.

In all cases are following changes coming:
- Switch to OpenLayers 2 as mapsoftware. It loads just 1 js-file while current Esri loads almost 100 small js-files. I also figured out how to build a custom OL js-file what reduced the size from 750 KB to 300 KB (uncomressed). :)
- The strikes will be grouped by time (= current colorsheme) and theese can be set visble/unvisble.The timeframe 0-10 minute will probably be the default visible set.
- video what covers whole Europe  :grin:

// Henkka
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 09:18:30 AM by weatherc »

Offline weatherc

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2014, 11:15:08 AM »
A question/need toughts...

Technically would it be no problem to show both BO and Boltek strikes at same time on the map using different markers for the datasets.
But....

(a) It can be confusing for the fellow visitor (an infobox with explanation of the different datasets are needed anyway). We need to think from fellow non-nerdy user point-of-view here.
(b) Map can be messy - and laggy with lots of strikes
(c) What data to show in the counterboxes at top of the map? If show both, can it be even more confusing in addition to that it steels space from the map itself

Possible solutions:
1. Do so it shows only the one dataset at time on the map - and the counterboxes at top of the map changes based on this
2. When lots of strikes see (1), when less strikes be able to show both datasets - problem, see (c)
3. ?

// Henkka

Offline jmcmurry

• Jim McMurry
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless.
    • Juneau County Weather
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2014, 04:32:25 PM »
Henkka,

My thought is it is maybe better to show only one at a time.  Not only would the data be confusing, but some/many of the strikes could be duplicates.

- Jim

Forum Search and Google Can be Your Best Friends

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2014, 05:03:58 PM »
Henkka,

My thought is it is maybe better to show only one at a time.  Not only would the data be confusing, but some/many of the strikes could be duplicates.

- Jim
I'd leave it with Blitzortung.

Offline weatherc

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2014, 03:04:24 PM »
Hi guys,

A testpage is up now: http://www.nordicweather.net/test/bonex/tracker_webpage.php

- works in 3 modes, BO, Boltek or both
- eu/us-settings
- works with current version of NSBackend

Some checks/tests and the zip should be ready :)

// Henkka
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 03:18:39 PM by weatherc »

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2014, 03:08:44 PM »
Hi guys,

A testpage is up now: http://www.nordicweather.net/test/bonex/...ebpage.php

- works in 3 modes, BO, Boltek or both
- eu/us-settings
- works with current version of NSBackend

Some checks/tests and the zip should be ready :)

// Henkka

I just tried the link and got a 404 Not Found error.

Joe
https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline weatherc

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2014, 03:18:54 PM »
Link fixed.

anything