Author Topic: PWS_Dashboard extra sensors support in April release  (Read 633 times)

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
PWS_Dashboard extra sensors support in April release
« on: April 13, 2020, 09:18:09 AM »
Starting with this month release and based on weather-program support, the following extra "sensors"  will be included:
  • Extra temp-hum Up to 8 sensors
  • Soil-moist ( temp )sensors up to 4 and up to 2 leaf sensors
  • ET (evapotranspiration)
  • Stations with up to 4 Air qualitysensors
  • Stations with a lightning sensor

For stations using  AmbientWeather.net-API , Ecowitt-upload  and WL.com-API  the support for those sensors is included already, no changes needed.
Other weather-programs current upload file will not be changed as not everybody needs those sensors.

There will be 1 optional upload file which can be used for all other weather-programs.
As those sensors do not change there value very often I think it is easier to use standard 2-5 minute FTP upload for that file.

How does it work "technically"
After processing the normal upload/api file the livedata script will load the optional file for the extra sensors if set so by easyweather-setup.

New blocks
There are a few new blocks to use new sensor-data, but based on your ideas there will be more.

Help with some tests:
Users of Weatherlink, WeatherDisplay,  Meteobridge and Cumulus which have one of those extra sensors attached to their station: please test the new upload file and PM me the location of the processed file or post a zip?

Other supported weather-programs
I do not have yet the correct tags for WsWin, Weewx, WeatherCat and others using the standard file-format.
I will add them a.s.a.p.

Wim

anything