Author Topic: Ambient WS-1171a  (Read 1807 times)

Offline drwill43

Ambient WS-1171a
« on: November 01, 2015, 11:27:06 AM »
I've had the Ambient weather station model WS-1171a, for just 2 years and it has functioned perfectly.  Recently, however, the base unit was not showing the external temperature and humidity (sent wirelessly by an external transmitter unit located outside); internal values, date, time, etc., were all being shown as normal by the base station.  The external unit was displaying the data, but it was not appearing on the base unit.  I contacted Ambient Consumer Support and, after 2 e mail exchanges and battery replacement in the external unit, was advised that the latter unit "must be defective" and that I would have to buy a new one.  About a week later, still waiting for delivery of the new unit, the base station started beeping and I noticed a "low battery" icon (not seen previously).  I replaced the batteries and, lo and behold, it began displaying the external temperature and humidity (sent from the "defective" external sensor)!  So this note is simply to document that an apparent failure of the external sensor for this model is NOT necessarily related to the external unit itself, but can involve the base station instead.  (I now have a brand new external sensor, in the box, just in case the original unit does, indeed, become defective.)

anything