Author Topic: Update frequency question about my new Rainwise Mk III  (Read 1701 times)

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
Update frequency question about my new Rainwise Mk III
« on: October 23, 2014, 07:39:53 PM »
I understand that my Rainwise Mk III updates information with a 30 second delay.  What I find interesting is that wind data can change every second.  I assumed the data would update at 30 second intervals.  So I guess it updates more frequently but the data still lags real time by 30 seconds?

Offline WA7FWF

• Contributor
  • Blitzortung 1196
Re: Update frequency question about my new Rainwise Mk III
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 07:51:32 PM »
The non-LR update at 30 secs or so, the LR long range versions update about every 1.5 secs or so, watch the radio data led on your ip-100 and each time it blinks that is a update

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 07:59:01 PM »
There is a 30 second delay from the moment the unit is started but the data packages are sent every 2 seconds. That is with the standard RW-III. Not sure of the specs on the LR model. Maybe VAJim can chime in on this one. Jim?

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 08:21:38 PM »
If I read the specs right for the LR they say it updates at a near realtime 2 second delay.

Offline Stormtracker

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 04:11:23 PM »
If I read the specs right for the LR they say it updates at a near realtime 2 second delay.

This sampling rate (polling) is enough to overcome the wired stations.  I really wish Texas Weather Instruments would offer a wireless version of their stations which sent data to their console, like their competitors Rainwise and Davis do.  Maximum now has that option, but after paying prime dollars for their handsome displays, and the receiver unit required for each, you better have very deep pockets to justify as opposed to an integrated wireless station from Rainwise...

Offline Richie Cohen

• www.RainWise.com
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 03:02:33 PM »
A standard 418Mhz MKIII (non-LR models) take two second readings and then the station sends 15 records to the display at a time (once every 30 seconds) you still get two second readings but what you see on the display was what it was 30 seconds ago. With the LR model, what you see is what it was two seconds ago. The IP100 will log two second information internally but uploads to RainWise.net every minute and if chosen to WU every 3 seconds.
Service & Repairs Manager
RainWise Inc.

anything