Author Topic: Davis Weather link randomly not updating Weather Underground  (Read 1670 times)

Offline wuser

I have a Davis Vantage Vue weather station with a Weatherlink IP module which sends weather updates to Davis Weatherlink.com.

I am on the free plan so Davis is suppose to send weather updates to Weather Underground every 15 minutes.

The problem I am having is sometimes Davis Weatherlink.com doesn't update the Weather Underground website for a few hours at a time.

I don't think it's my weather station hardware because updates to the Davis weather app and Citizens Weather Observer Network website continue to work

without issue when Weather Underground Stops updating.

I was curious if anyone who is using Davis Weather Link to send updates to Weather Underground was having the same issue?

Are Davis customers on the free plan prioritized at a lower level then ones that sign up for the subscription?

Offline jackman

• Senior Contributor
    • Echo Pines WX Station
Re: Davis Weather link randomly not updating Weather Underground
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 09:12:36 PM »
The problem is at WUNDERGROUND.COM. I reported it earlier here: https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=36830.0

Offline wuser

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 09:33:56 PM »
Good to know its not just me.

I wonder if anybody who has a weather station that sends updates directly to Weather Underground is also having the same issue?

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 01:04:54 PM »

I wonder if anybody who has a weather station that sends updates directly to Weather Underground is also having the same issue?

Mine is working reliably, updating directly to WU.  No missing data.

Offline ve3wxr

• Davis Vantage Pro 1 owner
    • Sinclair Weather
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 08:18:06 AM »

My uploads to WU has recently become unreliable as well. I'm using a Davis Vantage Pro 1 and VWS. I know that uploading to VWSAPRS is working as expected and the information is displaying accurately on the VWS panel, it's just not making it to Weather Underground. Occasionally when I force update it through the Wunderground tab in VWS, it updates and continues to do so for a couple of days and then quits. Not sure what the fix is but just wanted to report my findings as well.

Regards
--
Rod Sinclair

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 10:45:20 AM »
In your case with VWS you may want to look into if VWS is using TLS 1.1 to upload to WU. Recently WU cut off uploads using this old technology for web encryption. WU changed there mind after a few days and decided to give companies and users 6 months extension.

I don't know how VWS uploads to WU but there is a good chance that it might be using TLS 1.1 given its age.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 11:22:17 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline ve3wxr

• Sinclair Weather
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 11:07:58 AM »
Thank you for the info galfert. I know my old system is getting long in the tooth so I'll take any advice I can get. I unplugged everything this morning, including the batteries and datalogger for 30 mins and plugged everything back in. It's working again at least. Go little DVP1!!!

Cheers...
--
Rod Sinclair

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 06:30:43 PM »
I'm using a Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 linked to a Meteobridge Pro Red. I'm getting WU rapid-fire updates quite reliably.

You can  click on "Wunderground" in my signature to see how my system is currently updating.
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 07:06:34 PM »
WeatherLink Live 6100 (WLL) is great...but it is not compatible with the VP1.
The Meteobridge though if the VP1 is revision FW B will work.

Other software that will work with the VP1 is Cumulus MX, WeeWX, and Weather-Display. (unsure of which revision of the VP1 works with these though)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 07:15:34 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 08:30:14 PM »

I should have added that the reason for my post was that Weather Underground Rapid-Fire update was currently not the problem and was working as it should.
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

Offline ve3wxr

• Sinclair Weather
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 04:26:25 PM »
Thanks again!

WeatherLink Live 6100 (WLL) is great...but it is not compatible with the VP1.
The Meteobridge though if the VP1 is revision FW B will work.

Other software that will work with the VP1 is Cumulus MX, WeeWX, and Weather-Display. (unsure of which revision of the VP1 works with these though)
--
Rod Sinclair

anything