Author Topic: Acu-Link Internet Bridge AVAILABILITY  (Read 15264 times)

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
Acu-Link Internet Bridge AVAILABILITY
« on: November 15, 2012, 03:08:34 PM »
Hey Acu-Link fans!

I am excited to announce that the Acu-Link Internet Bridge products will be available for purchase TOMORROW (NOV. 16th) at 3:00 PM (C.S.T) only at www.AcuRite.com!

We have been through an extensive testing and validation period on this product, and I am pleased to tell you that it is performing very well.

AcuRite appreciates all of our customers, including our broad base of weather enthusiasts- like the folks frequenting WXForum.net! To show our appreciation for your patience and your enthusiasm for the AcuLink products, we would like to extend a special www.AcuRite.com discount to all of you.

Use coupon code WXFANS30 at checkout for 10% off!

Thanks again for your patience, and stay tuned for more announcements in the future about expanded Acu-Link system functionality ;-)

-Ryan

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
Re: Acu-Link Internet Bridge AVAILABILITY
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 07:42:10 AM »
Hell has finally frozen over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

Me: Siri, set reminder for 3:55 PM today to order AcuLink bridge.

Siri: Shall I search the web for a cute girls page?

Seriously though, the discount should just about cover the cost of overnight shipping for Saturday delivery, so that I can have it in plenty of time to prepare for recording the Mayan 2012 apocalypse.....   \:D/
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Wrog

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 03:57:41 PM »
Woohoo!!! It came on early and I already placed my order!  I can't wait to get it hooked up.   :grin:

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
  • My weather is on WeatherForYou.com. Is yours?
    • http://www.weatherforyou.com
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 04:40:31 PM »
Was support for sending data to PWSweather.com added?  I've had a number of inquiries if AcuRite equipment/software was going to be able to do this.
Joe Torsitano

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »
Was support for sending data to PWSweather.com added?  I've had a number of inquiries if AcuRite equipment/software was going to be able to do this.

Great question- the short answer is- Yes, but not yet.

The focus has been on making the hardware more stable and all of the data sound and accurate. We have added many new options and features to the website the last few months, and another round of added features is coming in the next few weeks. After that, we will be focusing more on expanding the reporting options, that really applies to the cloud software and not the hardware.

That's the great thing about the Acu-Link platform - it's dynamic! We will be continuing to develop it and add features to the system.

If anybody has any development interest- certainly send me a PM with some contact info and we will talk.

Thanks,
Ryan

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 07:17:01 PM »
you can though send to PWS with WD software , connected to a 5 in 1 USB station  ;)
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 07:49:18 PM »
you can though send to PWS with WD software , connected to a 5 in 1 USB station  ;)

I may have a low mileage USB-equipped console for sale next week if anyone wants to use WD..... :-P

Offline Bruinzfan

Re: Re: Acu-Link Internet Bridge AVAILABILITY
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 12:20:33 AM »
Will there be or is there support to use the WD software with the bridge?

Thank You.

Keith
Newb here!
Acu-Rite
38' Mast
Weather Display

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 12:28:46 AM »
The Acu-Link Internet Bridge connects directly to the internet through your home router.

You can use Acu-Link PC Connect display consoles with Weather-Display software.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 09:52:55 AM »
Will there be or is there support to use the WD software with the bridge?

The answer to this question depends on whether the bridge has the ability to have its data read/extracted directly, via some type of internal web or telnet server.  If it does, then I'm sure someone will develop an interface for WD.  If not, then perhaps AcuRite will provide an API to extract your uploaded data from the MBW web site that WD can use?  I don't have an answer at the moment, but do have a bridge on order.

At one point, there were mockup photos and talk about a USB-based bridge that would plug into your PC and act like one of the regular consoles.  If it can read multiple sensors like the ethernet bridge, then this may be a better choice (albeit vaporware at the moment) for interfacing with WD.....

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 12:27:25 PM »
someone did develop way to do this
(by intercepting the web bridge traffic and parsing the data into a universal input file for WD to read)
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline Broaddd

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 02:22:29 PM »
I only want the bridge, not the 5 in 1 too. Is it available separately?

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 03:39:16 PM »
I read all the specs I think. Can not find how many sensors the thing will read.    Could i do 5in1, two water temps, and a tower sensor.

Offline Broaddd

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 03:47:54 PM »
Ah I see you can buy the bridge alone. To the poster above, only 3 hardware sensors can be logged at a time.

Offline Broaddd

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 03:48:24 PM »
Eg 1 5:1, 1 water and 1 tower sensor.

Offline Bruinzfan

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 01:25:42 AM »
Thank you for the responses!   I think i am going to pull the trigger tomorrow.  I am really tempted to get the whole set up and have 2 5 in 1's and the extra display.   Wonder what the boss is going to say about another charge.   Better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission i always say.  It's worked for 15 years so far!   ;D  LOL
Newb here!
Acu-Rite
38' Mast
Weather Display

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 07:02:45 PM »
I am really tempted to get the whole set up and have 2 5 in 1's and the extra display.

That's exactly what I did.  I plan to hang the new 5-in-1 in place of the current one, and make a portable mount for the old 5-in-1 to carry it in my race car hauler.  One of the locations where I spend a handful of weekends every year seems to have a history of fluke weather phenomenon when I'm there, and I'd like to gather data instead of trying to guess how strong of a wind gust is needed to blow a porta-potty a hundred yards (with someone in it), or to verify that the nearby ASOS was reading sanely when it reported a record foot+ of rain that fell over six hours.  If I have the 5-in-1 and display in the trailer, I'm hoping that it will make every weekend 72 degrees and partly cloudy.....  :lol:

Offline Broaddd

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 02:30:39 PM »
No international shipping? Nooooooooooooo :( c'mon, I've been waiting for months. Why not offer international shipping?

Bruce

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 05:29:08 PM »
No international shipping? Nooooooooooooo :( c'mon, I've been waiting for months. Why not offer international shipping?

Bruce

And they ship to Canada ONLY via Fedex.  Which means Mafia-like brokerage charges.   So Fuggeddabouddit...
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 09:23:08 PM »
It's HEEEEEEEEERE!!!  Installed, firmware upgraded, sending my current 5-in-1's data to MBW.....  \:D/

Offline Wrog

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 10:49:43 AM »
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a shipment confirmation for an order placed through acurite.com?  I submitted my order early afternoon on Friday, 11/16, the website still says that the order is "processing" and I haven't received anything from them after the order confirmation email. 

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 05:39:59 PM »
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a shipment confirmation for an order placed through acurite.com?  I submitted my order early afternoon on Friday, 11/16, the website still says that the order is "processing" and I haven't received anything from them after the order confirmation email.

Did you order the full kit or just the bridge?  I ordered the full kit with overnight shipping when they began taking orders last Friday afternoon.  Late Monday afternoon, their web site order status changed to shipped, and an e-mail came in about an hour later with the tracking number.  I ordered a parts console a few months ago, and the sale was processed by another vendor (Klockit?).  I remember being anxious over the slow order feedback on that purchase, so I was a little more patient this time knowing that I wouldn't be receiving a constant flood of updates like some big e-tailers provide.  If you ordered just the bridge, perhaps it went to Klockit (?) to fulfill?

Either way, I would think that you would have seen an update by now (Wednesday afternoon).  Might be time to give customer service a call, just so that it doesn't ruin your Thanksgiving holiday wondering if there was a problem and when they will ship it.....

Offline Wrog

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 08:35:13 PM »
I finally got a shipment confirmation email today. I only ordered the Internet bridge not a full kit, I also ordered some other items as well. Not sure from which company it's shipped but it was picked up in Illinois.

Offline Wrog

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 08:33:31 PM »
I received my package yesterday and set up my internet bridge.  My 5-in-1 sensor is reporting as expected but my pool sensor, though showing the correct temperature on the sensor unit - +53F degrees, the temperature showing on acu-link.com is showing - -147F.  I changed the batteries, alkaline swapped out for lithium thinking that might help but it continues to consistently show the same temp on aculink.com.  Any suggestions what I should try?

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 02:35:08 AM »
Sorry about that! There is a batch of pool sensors that have a bug in the sensor RF transmission protocol, causing the pool temperature to report on acu-link incorrectly. Please call our customer support folks at you earliest convenience and they will help you, make sure and tell them Ryan referred you

Tel: (877) 221-1252
Mon - Fri: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (CT)
Sat - Sun: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Thanks,
Ryan

anything