Author Topic: A Little Excitement In The Front Yard.....  (Read 1353 times)

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
A Little Excitement In The Front Yard.....
« on: October 08, 2013, 12:23:33 AM »
Tonight we had a Coast Guard helicopter work our area hard.  At first I was thinking it was a night exercise with a Trident sub.  They go by here quite frequently.  But the pattern just didn't look like sub support.  It really looked like search and rescue.  Eventually they started zeroing in right in front of my place.  Through binoculars I watched them lower a diver into the water.  I called my weather contact with the ABC news affiliate in Seattle.  He was working the night shift and his desk is right next to the news desk.  Nothing had come in on the scanner, so at this point I am thinking it was a drill.... But sheesh.... Couldn't they have called me first if it was going to be in my front yard....  :lol:

I put together a slide show video of the chopper working the area.  I'm just glad nobody was hurt.... as far as I know.  The video is kind of fun to watch: 

Thought I'd share,

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Re: A Little Excitement In The Front Yard.....
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 12:31:41 AM »
They were just fishing...  :-P
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 12:43:12 AM »
Tonight we had a Coast Guard helicopter work our area hard.

You should have called the cops on them and complained that they're ruining the meteor shower!
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 12:54:43 AM »
W3DRM.... Fishing from helicopters.... Uhmmmm... I had never thought of that..... (good one)...  :lol:

Uhmmm..... Slowmodem... Would you mind calling them for me... I'm a little busy right now.... Let me know how that comes out....  :lol:

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

anything