Author Topic: 5 in 1 power  (Read 876 times)

Offline LakeGuyNE

5 in 1 power
« on: January 30, 2018, 11:35:03 AM »
Good day,

I purchased the remote battery pack for the AcuRite 5 in 1 system. The battery compartment has two (2) banks for AA batteries. It says if I replace only one bank at a time the sensor will not lose any data.

Question: Is the battery pack/sensor 3V DC then? I am looking at replacing the battery pack with a DC power adapter.

Question: How long with the unit run with fresh AA batteries stored in a shed and run to the sensor?

Thank you

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: 5 in 1 power
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 11:54:30 AM »
Good day,

I purchased the remote battery pack for the AcuRite 5 in 1 system. The battery compartment has two (2) banks for AA batteries. It says if I replace only one bank at a time the sensor will not lose any data.

Question: Is the battery pack/sensor 3V DC then? I am looking at replacing the battery pack with a DC power adapter.

Question: How long with the unit run with fresh AA batteries stored in a shed and run to the sensor?

Thank you

It's a 3V system.

Batteries typically last 18 to 24 months.  I change mine every year (Lithium) in the fall just to be sure so I don't have them die during bad winter weather.

Offline LakeGuyNE

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 12:02:35 PM »
Thank you for the information. I think I will do the same thing you are doing rather than replace the battery pack (at least for now).

Can you tell me what other attachments would be good for the 5 in 1? I would like it to display on the indoor unit or on WUnderground. I live on a lake and I use a Lacrosse water probe to get the water temp.

I could install a soil temp.

Thank you

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 12:57:34 PM »
Thank you for the information. I think I will do the same thing you are doing rather than replace the battery pack (at least for now).

Can you tell me what other attachments would be good for the 5 in 1? I would like it to display on the indoor unit or on WUnderground. I live on a lake and I use a Lacrosse water probe to get the water temp.

I could install a soil temp.

Thank you

Acurite does have some soil and water temperature probes, but they don't provide a way to send that data to wunderground.  At this time you would have to use third-party software to collect the information from the probes and send that data to wunderground.  Features such as this *might* be added to the new Access product, but there's really no way to say for sure.

What software to do that is kind of a toss-up at the moment since the new Access came out and most 3rd party software is not yet compatible.