Author Topic: Weatherlink Network Upload :Off  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Jackietools

• https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/a1320598-ae1c-4267-9009-3c86e9215e32
  • Contributor
    • Jackietools
Weatherlink Network Upload :Off
« on: July 14, 2018, 11:36:11 AM »
As I have not touched my settings in a long time I am totally lost. My Weatherlink Subscription expired and I just renewed. I re activated with the new license but on my PC using the Weatherlink software I get "Weatherlink Network Upload:Off". Under SETUP Weatherlink Upload and Network Setup are grayed out. I am able to transmit my data to other sites as I am using TP-Link TL-MR3020 Meteobridge 3.2 FW 1.4 wireless setup to transmit. Station is Davis Vantage Pro 2.Vue If you can help or point me back to any tutorials I would appreciate it. Thanks

Offline drew

• Shoals Weather
Re: Weatherlink Network Upload :Off
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 11:42:18 AM »
I think this happened to me before. Try changing your station connection to serial and see if that lets you switch it back to on. Then once you turn it back on of course you can switch back to your current settings for connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Drew Richards

Offline Jackietools

• Contributor
    • Jackietools
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 01:11:28 PM »
Wow! It worked great. Thanks a lot! Now if I could just get it to work in 2.0

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 03:16:32 PM »
Now if I could just get it to work in 2.0

Some of this isn't clear. There is no such station as a Vantage Pro 2.Vue - it's either a Pro 2 or a Vue (unless you have a mixed ISS and console).

And what do you mean by getting it to work in 2.0? It sounds like you have a 1.0 account at present? So have you registered a new 2.0 account and then migrated the existing station across? We need to know where you've got to.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Jackietools

• Contributor
    • Jackietools
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 05:37:04 PM »
Sorry. I have a Vue and yes I have a 2.0 account and a new API token. Thanks

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 03:51:19 AM »
Sorry. I have a Vue and yes I have a 2.0 account and a new API token. Thanks

OK, but what specifically is the problem? I can't see it explained anywhere other than the comment that 2.0 doesn't work!

It sounds like you have done the step of Add Device | Migrate but let's confirm.

We have brief migration instructions on our Davis knowledgebase at:

https://www.manula.com/manuals/pws/davis-kb/1/en/topic/renewing-wl-com-subscriptions

The bottom section entitled 'Logger-based stations still on weatherlink.com 1.0' is probably the most relevant.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 06:45:05 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Jackietools

• Contributor
    • Jackietools
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 05:50:35 PM »
OK the migration worked and appears to be working fine. Wish I didn't pay for the software for Weatherlink 1.0 as I would rather upgrade the 2.0 to Pro plan. Guess that's my mistake. Anyway, would Davis  issue a refund if I upgrade to 2.0 Pro plan?

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 11:52:53 PM »
OK the migration worked and appears to be working fine. Wish I didn't pay for the software for Weatherlink 1.0 as I would rather upgrade the 2.0 to Pro plan. Guess that's my mistake. Anyway, would Davis  issue a refund if I upgrade to 2.0 Pro plan?

So exactly what software did you pay for WeatherLink 1.0? Then we can move on to why you expect a refund if you upgrade to 2.0 Pro.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 02:54:16 AM »

Well, the way it should work is that coming from a 6558/6559 plan then post-migration you should be on Pro tier for the balance of the time left on your 6558/6559 plan. But this is one of the aspects of the migration that I think is still being worked on. You need to email support@weatherlink.com with details of your previous plan expiry date and tell them that the migration hasn't automatically elevated you to Pro tier. It may take them a while to respond - AIUI they're very stretched at present but it should get sorted out in the end. (OTOH if you only had a few weeks to run on the old plan then it's maybe not worth it.)
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline Jackietools

• Contributor
    • Jackietools
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 01:22:59 PM »
Yes, I have a 6558 plan that I just renewed a couple of days ago. I'll try to email them now Thanks

anything