Author Topic: Wunderground data reporting via SmartHub - Not so rapid  (Read 1071 times)

Offline karss

Wunderground data reporting via SmartHub - Not so rapid
« on: June 07, 2018, 03:20:49 PM »
My 5-in-1 sensor is reporting to Wunderground using a SmartHub (09150M), and off late I observe that the data reporting frequency to Wunderground seems to have changed. Earlier it used to report at roughly every 36 seconds, but now it takes anywhere between 1 to 5 minutes for data update (with rapid fire turned on). Since Wunderground was undergoing some some changes during the past one month, I suspected it to be a problem with Wunderground. But today, I tried to route the data from the same 5-in-1 sensor to Wunderground through the display console unit(02032C)/Acurite PC Connect, there were no issues with the data reporting, the rapid fire updates gets through at approximately every 36 seconds. Seems like the issue is not with Wunderground and is most likely with Acurite, my feeling is that they have either changed the way the SmarHub is communicating or the their servers have some communication issues.

Before posting this message, I also compared couple of nearby Accurite units reporting to Wunderground that runs on SmartHub/Display Console and found the same observation.

Can anyone comment on this issue?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Wunderground data reporting via SmartHub - Not so rapid
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 04:37:55 PM »
My 5-in-1 sensor is reporting to Wunderground using a SmartHub (09150M), and off late I observe that the data reporting frequency to Wunderground seems to have changed. Earlier it used to report at roughly every 36 seconds, but now it takes anywhere between 1 to 5 minutes for data update (with rapid fire turned on). Since Wunderground was undergoing some some changes during the past one month, I suspected it to be a problem with Wunderground. But today, I tried to route the data from the same 5-in-1 sensor to Wunderground through the display console unit(02032C)/Acurite PC Connect, there were no issues with the data reporting, the rapid fire updates gets through at approximately every 36 seconds. Seems like the issue is not with Wunderground and is most likely with Acurite, my feeling is that they have either changed the way the SmarHub is communicating or the their servers have some communication issues.

Before posting this message, I also compared couple of nearby Accurite units reporting to Wunderground that runs on SmartHub/Display Console and found the same observation.

Acurite's servers aren't involved in the reporting to wunderground.  Data moves straight from the SmartHUB to wunderground.

There has been no firmware update to the SmartHUB.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 04:55:57 PM »
There seems to be a problem with some stations reporting still. I am not using a smarthub or an acurite, and my station will not report. I am using a fine offset and meteobridge. Because of the issue, I am also not able to report to AWEKAS, or weathercloud. My issue seems to have started around 11:30 this morning. CWOP and PWS weather are still working normally.

My atlas and Access however are reporting OK. I don't know what to do next...

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 06:06:31 PM »

It’s been slower for me too. Today they been updating between 40 sec and 3 minutes. Rapid fire updates though SmartHub have always been inconsistent for me but mostly between 35 secs to 1 minute. They've been slower for the last couple of weeks.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline KB3ZWI

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 06:20:54 PM »
Hey guys,

I noticed today that I'm updating at around every 18 seconds. This is what it was for me when I first started uploading to WU.

anything