Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 184162 times)

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2018, 09:01:56 PM »
Just wanted to hop in and give an update to you guys. 
Again, thanks so much for your criticism, your feedback, and your engagement.  This process is not going to be easy, or fast, but we have a small team of passionate engineers who are doing all they can for a product they also care deeply about.

Sean

You're welcome.  Thank you, too, Sean.

Same here Sean, thanks  . I know you have a big endeavor ahead.
BTW looks like rapid Fire data is populating better.   =D>
Randy

Offline ebfletch

« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2018, 12:24:47 AM »
Hey guys, just wanted to clarify one thing. I chose my words poorly in an earlier post. Getting webcams functional became A top priority and still is (see our trello board). Modernizing our data ingestion platform has been a top priority for more than a year and we intend to migrate the PWS network there. It is the investment that we made to solve the many data consistency and service reliability issues you all have seen and to better position WU to support the many different types of IoT sensors on the horizon.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2018, 01:03:03 AM »
All due respect, but none of that means much if the website remains so chronically broken.  Unless the point is to just sell the data, which is pretty much what it looks like.

When are you going to get the basic functionality of the website working?  It's been a hot mess for months now.

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2018, 02:14:00 AM »
It just seems that many of these problems croped up when the website  was redesigned for the millionth time....am I right? So simple answer is go back to previous design if possible?
Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2018, 02:37:50 AM »
Unless the point is to just sell the data, which is pretty much what it looks like.

Selling data is one thing, Selling broken data is another  :roll:
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline noraval

« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2018, 06:33:18 AM »
I understand this would be a very low priority at this but thought I would mention it here. The Android app widget has been unresponsive for a few days now, any one else have this issue?

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2018, 09:05:47 AM »
The Android app widget has been unresponsive for a few days now, any one else have this issue?

I cant say I have noticed, its been working pretty well considering the outages.
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2018, 10:17:57 AM »
Our Saratoga templates use two graphics at the top of most of our pages.  This one is working again:

http://icons.wunderground.com/data/640x480/nw_rd_anim.gif

But this one hasn't updated since Jan 3rd.
http://icons.wunderground.com/data/640x480/nw_vi_anim.gif

Since webcams appear to be working, that's the only issue I'd like to see fixed soon.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2018, 02:46:17 PM »
has anyone asked about getting the doppler radar storm intensity chart back??

wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=FDR

Doppler Radar Detected Storms
There are no Doppler radar detected storms for Podunk at this time.

No there have not been any detected since the map was hosed 3 or 4 months back!
Davis Vantage Pro2 plus     Meteobridge

CWOP FW5142    PWS THAI817    MADIS F5142
WU KTXTHALI2    AWEKAS           weatherobs

Offline HamiltonIsland

« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2018, 03:17:31 PM »
Hi,
Just joined to report that my AW WS-1011 is shown as not reporting since last Tuesday 1/9/18 09:36. No matter what I have done it will not connect to WU, though my page shows my up to date webcam pic and no data.

Any help or suggestions? I have repeatedly written to support but no response up to now.

Thanks,SB
IAKWESAS2

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2018, 03:30:47 PM »
Probably not related to this thread. However, can you verify your ipObserver is sending data here?

https://dashboard.ambientweather.net/dashboard  (you’ll need to signup).

Hi,
Just joined to report that my AW WS-1011 is shown as not reporting since last Tuesday 1/9/18 09:36. No matter what I have done it will not connect to WU, though my page shows my up to date webcam pic and no data.

Any help or suggestions? I have repeatedly written to support but no response up to now.

Thanks,SB
IAKWESAS2

Offline jas340

• Lone Pine Ranch  Horseshoe Bend, Idaho  USA
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2018, 03:38:05 PM »
I cannot change the status message for my weather station. Please fix.

I have my data pulled from WU to go to my new weather website that I created after WU stated they would drop webcams. There have been 225 outages in the last week for a total of 4785 minutes.

Please bring the Roku app back. Re-instate the webcams back into the app. I would be willing to pay a yearly fee to have my camera featured in the Roku app for my rural town and the surrounding towns as it once was. Increase the max resolution to 1080p and file size of the uploaded images

By charging a fee WU could better regulate the camera's on the ROKU app (no more chicken coops!)

Offline noraval

« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2018, 03:51:01 PM »
The Android app widget has been unresponsive for a few days now, any one else have this issue?

I cant say I have noticed, its been working pretty well considering the outages.

The app itself seems to be working fine, it's just the widget keeps saying -
"Weather has stopped" Close app or Send feedback.
It just seems coincidental that this arose during this time of WU issues, perhaps I will reinstall.

Thought I would remind everyone here to check the trello board as well.
https://trello.com/b/hqC0tb0u/weather-underground

Offline ebfletch

« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2018, 04:05:20 PM »
All due respect, but none of that means much if the website remains so chronically broken.  Unless the point is to just sell the data, which is pretty much what it looks like.

When are you going to get the basic functionality of the website working?  It's been a hot mess for months now.

Can you be a little more specific than "not working" and "hot mess"?

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2018, 04:29:10 PM »
I cannot change the status message for my weather station. Please fix.

I have my data pulled from WU to go to my new weather website that I created after WU stated they would drop webcams. There have been 225 outages in the last week for a total of 4785 minutes.

Please bring the Roku app back. Re-instate the webcams back into the app. I would be willing to pay a yearly fee to have my camera featured in the Roku app for my rural town and the surrounding towns as it once was. Increase the max resolution to 1080p and file size of the uploaded images

By charging a fee WU could better regulate the camera's on the ROKU app (no more chicken coops!)

yeah I would love to see the roku app working.  I got my roku setup and downloaded the WU app and wank it was busted, map image not
in display box etc.   I mean while we are wishing, might as well wish big.
Davis Vantage Pro2 plus     Meteobridge

CWOP FW5142    PWS THAI817    MADIS F5142
WU KTXTHALI2    AWEKAS           weatherobs

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2018, 04:34:56 PM »
Thank you WU team.  =D> I have now gone  24-hours and my Rapid fire data has been saved in five minute increments throughout.  The graphs look great.  The webcam updates still leave a little to be desired.

Now, if I could just get the Status update to work, but I am sure that is not a high priority. :lol:

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline ebfletch

« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2018, 04:39:24 PM »
Thank you WU team.  =D> I have now gone  24-hours and my Rapid fire data has been saved in five minute increments throughout.  The graphs look great.  The webcam updates still leave a little to be desired.

Now, if I could just get the Status update to work, but I am sure that is not a high priority. :lol:

Mark

Thanks Mark, can you share your station ID? The thing that will help most now is to catch a webcam that is not working properly in the moment.

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2018, 04:45:46 PM »
KCOTABER1.  Just checked, one updated 18 minutes ago and the other updated 16 minutes ago.  Last time I checked, one was almost an hour old.  I am using FTP at 6-minute intervals. 

Thanks.

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline n4khq

« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »

Mark

Thanks Mark, can you share your station ID? The thing that will help most now is to catch a webcam that is not working properly in the moment.

Here is one not working http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KGADAHLO8
The webcam registration will not stay active and no images have uploaded since the outage started.

Offline jquagga

« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2018, 07:11:25 PM »
As of 7 PM, wunderfixer reports 80 failed uploads for the day (with 5 minute postings).  While the graphs appear generally correct, that is a lot of missing postings.  I haven't even tried rapidfire as I'm guessing that doesn't do anyone any favors. 

Things are better than "not working" but are still "not quite right".  Not a criticism, just a status.  I appreciate what you're doing to right things. 

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2018, 07:42:14 PM »
As of 7 PM, wunderfixer reports 80 failed uploads for the day (with 5 minute postings).  While the graphs appear generally correct, that is a lot of missing postings.  I haven't even tried rapidfire as I'm guessing that doesn't do anyone any favors. 

Things are better than "not working" but are still "not quite right".  Not a criticism, just a status.  I appreciate what you're doing to right things.

Just reiterating the opposite experience as @jquagga that I haven't seen any drops (or very few...<5) in 30 hours.  Also using weeWX 3.8.0.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KTXARLIN46#history
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:46:48 PM by konz »

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2018, 07:45:58 PM »
Just reiterating the opposite experience as @jquagga that I haven't seen any drops (or very few...<5) in 30 hours.
Same here, no drop outs. Most updates are 5 minutes with the occasional 6 minute update.
Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline njeagle

« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2018, 07:51:38 PM »
I understand this would be a very low priority at this but thought I would mention it here. The Android app widget has been unresponsive for a few days now, any one else have this issue?

Have the same issue on android 8.1.0

Offline ebfletch

« Reply #173 on: January 18, 2018, 08:37:46 PM »

Try RapidFire. It's actually what we focused on most in the last day.

Offline jquagga

« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2018, 08:56:13 PM »
Try RapidFire. It's actually what we focused on most in the last day.

That’s probabaly the difference. The two folks above without loss look like they are on RapidFire. I’m not. I’ll look into that but since I have an Acurite, I can’t just flip it on in WeeWX without some type of caching (or a new weather station)!

It is still usable as it is and wunderfixer patches things up.