Author Topic: IS not finding video  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Davidb

• Contributor
    • Glasson Dock
IS not finding video
« on: March 11, 2012, 04:33:50 PM »
Hello,

my building site time lapse computer has been running for 4 months now, starting on bios and stopping with toff software - great tip from this forum, thanks.

However, on 50% of start ups, IS dosn't pick up the video from the Dazzle grabber and all I get is a white screen and an error message.  Restarting IS brings up the picture every time.

Startwatch dosen't register it as a crash, so its a bit of a problem if I don't spot it. I don't want the computer running 24/7

any ideas what to do, please?

David

Offline neondesert

• Forecaster
    • http://www.neondesertweather.com
Re: IS not finding video
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 06:16:44 PM »
Hi David,

You might want to try a different driver for your Dazzle device.  I am using an Osprey 100 video capture card
and have experienced high cpu usage and periodic crashes/hangs with IS in Windows 7 for no apparent reason in the past.  What solved the
problem, for me at least, was changing the driver for the card.  If I try to run the latest driver for my card the problem returns.
Larry
"But it's a DRY Heat!"

Offline Davidb

• Contributor
    • Glasson Dock
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 02:08:49 PM »
Hi,

thanks for that tip, I have put the latest driver in, but no change, I'l afraid.  Strangely, it always gets the video on second start.

I have startwatch starting before IS, so I shall try starting IS first, followed by startwatch.

see what happens, David

Offline kray1000

• Purveyor of wry
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.roanokevalleyweather.com
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:12:55 PM »
Do you let the computer finish booting before you start ImageSalsa?
Kevin Ray
Roanoke, VA

Wireless VP2, Stardot NetCam, ImageSalsa 2.0.12, MovieSalsa, Nexstorm, WASP2, Skymet, VWS14.01p33, WD 10.37N build 03

Offline Davidb

• Contributor
    • Glasson Dock
timing
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 01:59:29 AM »
Thanks Kray.

you might well be on to it there. I have now set it to start 2 mins after boot, Swatch to start 3 min after boot and TOff 6 min after boot ( using winpatrol ).

It worked fine this morning, will see how it goes.

David

Offline Davidb

• Contributor
    • Glasson Dock
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »
Hello Again,

I'm afraid the problem hasn't quite gone, it is a bit better since  I set I S to start 8 min after boot, startwatch 10 min and TOff 14 min after boot up.

IS still finds the video on second start, so a workround would be to automate a double start, but I don't know how to do that sensibly, and don't like the idea.

David

anything