Author Topic: MRLevel3  (Read 3278 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
MRLevel3
« on: October 27, 2015, 09:25:51 AM »
In the process of checking for updates for GREarth and GRLevel3, I noticed MRLevel3 for Windows Phone. I just installed it and it looks pretty cool  8-)

I think that I am going to like having it available on the mobile!

I found the mention of it on the GRLevelX forum, and it said to download and install from the Windows Store. It looks like it came out in July from the GRLevelX Forum, but I just "discovered" it. It was $30, so not too bad of a price.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
Re: MRLevel3
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 11:31:24 AM »
Makes me wish I still had my Windows phone from this past summer. It was a great phone, but I decided to go swimming with it out of stupidity, so now I have an Android phone. Heard nothing but good reviews for that app. It would be awesome if he moved to other platforms soon!  8-)
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 11:45:14 AM »
Makes me wish I still had my Windows phone from this past summer. It was a great phone, but I decided to go swimming with it out of stupidity, so now I have an Android phone. Heard nothing but good reviews for that app. It would be awesome if he moved to other platforms soon!  8-)

I'll have a Windows phone next month (as a software tester/breaker I have to have one for work), but RadarScope and Pykl3 work just fine for me for Android.
Current setup: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 04:51:45 PM »
Frankly I'm getting tired of lining the pockets of this person and that person and every other person out there dealing with GRLevel whatever. This amount for data feed, that amount for place files, this amount for... you get the idea.

I for one will be thrilled to run the trial version of the new WSV3 when it comes out "late fall". Everything has a price tag when it comes to GR now and since they joined forces with Allison House it's gotten even worse. Sorry folks but I'm at the end of my rope when it comes to backing Gibson Ridge products.

The one program they have (someone correct me if I name the incorrect one) but I think it's GREarth, you have to pay a subscription fee just to get the radar data. Really!? Then why pay for the program again? Hmmmm.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 09:59:49 PM »

I'll have a Windows phone next month (as a software tester/breaker I have to have one for work), but RadarScope and Pykl3 work just fine for me for Android.
I use Pykl3 myself and really like it. Version 3 is in the works and its supposed to be really good. They are taking requests for options in the beta testers forum right now.
That being said I would like to try a windows phone. Android is OK but something different would be nice. MRLevel3 would be must have app.

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 09:05:16 AM »
Frankly I'm getting tired of lining the pockets of this person and that person and every other person out there dealing with GRLevel whatever. This amount for data feed, that amount for place files, this amount for... you get the idea.

I for one will be thrilled to run the trial version of the new WSV3 when it comes out "late fall". Everything has a price tag when it comes to GR now and since they joined forces with Allison House it's gotten even worse. Sorry folks but I'm at the end of my rope when it comes to backing Gibson Ridge products.

The one program they have (someone correct me if I name the incorrect one) but I think it's GREarth, you have to pay a subscription fee just to get the radar data. Really!? Then why pay for the program again? Hmmmm.

I'm not quite sure I understand the frustration? I also am looking quite forward to WSV3, as I think it'll be a pretty good product, providing bugs are not an issue like the original Weatherstudio had. My Christmas gift last year was a year of GREarth, and it's a real nice product. There are a lot of feeds that go into it, and so I understand a monthly fee to keep everything running. There are no monthly feeds for any of his other products, unless you go with an Allisonhouse feed, and though I don't deny they are a little pricey, a lot of work goes into making those scripts, so I see a justification for it.  8-) However, again, I am definitely looking forward to what Paul brings out with WSV3  :-)

That being said I would like to try a windows phone. Android is OK but something different would be nice. MRLevel3 would be must have app.

I think Windows phones are great other than the app store, but I don't use apps much, so it didn't matter to me. As far as slickness and lag, they are the best phones by far in my opinion. My $50 Windows phone lagged much less than the $100 Android phone I bought when it gets down to it - They are quality phones for the price.
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 09:18:56 AM »
I have the Lumia 735. Besides the good deal that they had at Verizon for it ($29!), it had raving reviews from other Verizon users. The call quality is good, the camera has a Zeiss lens and takes excellent photos. The switching is seamless between LTE and Wifi. (I disabled the auto WiFi AP selection option).

I am not a Microsoft fan-boy, indeed I am usually a harsh critic.

It also offered an app for SmartThings, which is my other obsession (besides weather).

I am really happy with the phone. The "tiles" thing took me a while to get used to. (I hated it when Win8 first came out, but it makes sense for the phone).

The MRLevel3 has been the icing on the cake, so to speak.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF