Author Topic: How can I read INDOOR temp/humid online? And other Qs.  (Read 793 times)

Offline OogieWaWa

How can I read INDOOR temp/humid online? And other Qs.
« on: January 04, 2022, 12:50:51 AM »
Hi, newbie here.

I'd like to be able to read my home indoor temperature and humidity remotely via the web, but my new 5-in-1 doesn't seem to post that data anywhere on Wunderground.

Is there another means to access the info?  Fortunately I can also get it from my web-linked thermostat, but it would be nice to be able to read the Acu-Rite data as a backup.

I actually did a search and looked for 15 pages before I asked and didn't see anything.  Thank you.

Oh, a couple of other questions.

Are the remote battery packs worth while for $21?  And are there components that could use a good slathering of dielectric grease on the outdoor unit before installation?

Thanky kindly folks, muchly appreciated.

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
Re: How can I read INDOOR temp/humid online? And other Qs.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 03:09:13 AM »
WU does not support inside temperature or humidity. Does Acurite have a weather site for it's products? Read your instructions and see if it connects to any other weather services. Weathercloud will report inside data.

Offline OogieWaWa

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 06:54:34 AM »
Thank you, I thought that was probably how it works. I'll have to keep looking around for other info, the manual is pretty much useless, and their website doesn't help much either. Thanks again!

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 10:07:53 AM »
You need a device to connect and push your data over the internet. Then you can use either Acurite’s app (MyAcuRite) or WeatherUnderground to access your data.

Connecting to the Internet:MyAcuRite App to access your data:
https://www.acurite.com/learn/my-acurite

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173