Author Topic: Heathkit ID-4001, Capricorn-II+, Nova Lynx Temperature & Humidity, etc  (Read 2526 times)

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
I've had the HK 4001 for a little over a year now. Love this station...

I've had the Capricorn II+ for a little over a month now. Really like this one too, especially since the wind speed operates on the same principal as the HK, instant updates. Never misses a beat...

I've had the NL Temp & Humidity for a little over a month as well. Nice sized dials and analog. Would like to add more NL in the future, and would really like the speed and direction, but at ~$3000 NEW, ummm, unless I find a sponsor, not gonna happen lol.

I also have the Maximum Maestro II-S, the Maximum Predictor and the Davis Vantage Vue, as well as the Computemp 2, 3 and 5.

Offline radioman1075

• Forecaster/Radio Engineer
Re: Heathkit ID-4001, Capricorn-II+, Nova Lynx Temperature & Humidity, etc
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 08:05:15 AM »
Nice setup as always Don. Cool some of the things you come up with. Never seen the NL stuff before. They look nice. Back in the many decades past I looked at the capricorns but never bought one. Never really seen one up close until now. Ever decide to sell it give me a shout. Hope all's well.

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 09:34:00 AM »
Nice setup as always Don. Cool some of the things you come up with. Never seen the NL stuff before. They look nice. Back in the many decades past I looked at the capricorns but never bought one. Never really seen one up close until now. Ever decide to sell it give me a shout. Hope all's well.

Good morning radioman1975, and Happy Thanksgiving to you!! Long time no hear!

Yea the NL and the Capricorn II+ are both cool. They both have their negatives but mostly all good. The Capricorn II refreshes wind speed like the HK does, instant and twice a second! No missing gusts with that! If I decide to part with the Capricorn II you'll be the first person I contact.

Hey, hit me up on FB if you're still on there. Would be cool to connect over there again. In the meantime have a great Thanksgiving and keep on keepin' on!!  :D

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 12:58:44 PM »

I've had the Capricorn II+ for a little over a month now. Really like this one too, especially since the wind speed operates on the same principal as the HK, instant updates. Never misses a beat...

I've had the NL Temp & Humidity for a little over a month as well. Nice sized dials and analog. Would like to add more NL in the future, and would really like the speed and direction, but at ~$3000 NEW, ummm, unless I find a sponsor, not gonna happen lol.

I also have the Maximum Maestro II-S, the Maximum Predictor and the Davis Vantage Vue, as well as the Computemp 2, 3 and 5.

Good ole Heathkit from Benton Harbor, MI! My dad and I built a color tv from Heathkit--a great product at the time. Too bad their business model went kaput but things change in live! By the way, all of your pictures you uploaded to this thread are upside down. Any quick way for you to fix that?
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 01:02:11 PM »

Good ole Heathkit from Benton Harbor, MI! My dad and I built a color tv from Heathkit--a great product at the time. Too bad their business model went kaput but things change in live! By the way, all of your pictures you uploaded to this thread are upside down. Any quick way for you to fix that?

Wow, I did not realize that I'll see what I can do about uploading the proper orientation later today. Thanks!

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 02:13:24 PM »
OK, let me know if these are correct orientation, thanks!

Still upside down.
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 02:24:38 PM »
OK, let me know if these are correct orientation, thanks!

Still upside down.

Drats!! OK, one more try... so sorry about this. I'll delete those that are incorrect.

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 11:26:13 PM »
Pictures look fine to me.   8-)
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10