Author Topic: My Personal Weather Station Project - Davis Vantage VUE  (Read 8588 times)

Offline Skyview

• Forecaster
  • Former Aviation Weather Observer
    • Fuquay Varina Weather
Re: My Personal Weather Station Project - Davis Vantage VUE
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2016, 05:19:45 PM »
Its amazing!
I' am learning and reading a lot this forum.
I want learn about weather station. I'am from Brazil.
Do you use a Weewx to store data in database?

Thanks = )

Thanks. No. I am using Meteotemplate for my website. There is a link to it in the footer of my site.

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2016, 05:31:02 PM »
Its amazing!
I' am learning and reading a lot this forum.
I want learn about weather station. I'am from Brazil.
Do you use a Weewx to store data in database?

Thanks = )

Hi,

if you would like to use my template you can go to meteotemplate.com and there is a wiki, a demo and also the download links. And if you need any help, feel free to send me an email at jachymcz@gmail.com.

Offline ermacmk

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2016, 08:23:39 AM »

Hi,

if you would like to use my template you can go to meteotemplate.com and there is a wiki, a demo and also the download links. And if you need any help, feel free to send me an email at jachymcz@gmail.com.

Yes! I will use your template. If i need help i call you  :grin:

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2016, 08:29:35 AM »
Sure,

I am just installing the entire thing for another guy who does not even know what FTP is, so since I do this so often it really is very easy for me and I also know exactly what and how needs to be set up since I made the whole template, so feel absolutely free to let me know if there is any problem and if not, then just post a URL of your site so that I can add you to my map of users :-) It will be nice, I don´t have any users in South America yet :-)

Offline Skyview

• Forecaster
  • Former Aviation Weather Observer
    • Fuquay Varina Weather
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2016, 04:46:32 PM »
So I ended up buying another VUE ISS from Ryan a few months back due to the continued low battery issues with the first one. Not sure if it's the super capacitor or not. I have been dealing with other stuff and had never got around to sending the unit in for warranty. Well, it is almost up, so I contacted support and instead of sending the unit in, they are shipping me the following part # for me to replace myself 7345.916/ASY,PCBA,SIM,US,VV 1.1. I have 30 days to send in the original so I don't get billed for it. Hopefully it's an easy swap out. Pretty handy with electronics as I built PC's and networks back in the stone age, but not really board level work.

I'll update once I have the part and get it installed. Now, what are your suggestions for what to do with the original repaired ISS? Just use as a backup? I only have one console, and don't really want to buy another one at this time.

Offline markscns

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2016, 10:26:07 AM »
I see you have your Vantage Vue mounted to your deck. That is what I am planning on doing today. Do you have any problems with this? I have a raised ranch house with a raised deck on the upper floor. Should I run into any grounding/lighting issues, the deck poles go right into the ground? My other concern is my station will not be over the peak of my house, but going to try it out anyways.

I also have the Ambient Weather Bridge and will be posting to all the various sites including my own.

I used to post weather a long time ago, but since I have moved a few years ago I have been out of the game. My older system was the original Vantage Pro.