Author Topic: Need a special software program  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Need a special software program
« on: May 19, 2019, 11:05:29 AM »
I wish there was an app or program for both PC and Mac that would poll the weather station and send data to Globe.gov for both atmospheric AND soil station.   Weatherlink.com sends only the atmospheric data and so far is reluctant to send in the soil moisture data.   

I have not the programming skills but it would be nice to have the software that would take the data from the Davis station and send it to  Globe.  Weatherdisplay had it for a while, but as the program became bigger with many lines of code,  and seemed that I was the only person who sent data, that routine was discontinued.  I fully understood.

However, it would be nice if someone could figure that out.

Offline hazardc

Re: Need a special software program
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 03:56:59 AM »
GLOBE email protocols don't allow for this info to be submitted. 

Are you a a GLOBE teacher? I am working with a couple people in Ohio and Michigan to get more stations onto GLOBE (my job is funded by NASA/GLOBE/AREN)

Im looking to network out to help facilitate getting more data loggers on stations without loggers (using custom wifilogger fw right now not even needing weatherlink)

Get in touch, would love to chat!

University of Toledo
GLOBE/GISAG Lab

Offline hazardc

Re: Need a special software program
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 04:07:39 AM »
Actually, I stand corrected. 

Let's chat, I am still working on getting the current setup working perfectly, but would love to add more functionality.

I would like to enable ALL supported data via GLOBE email protocols and hopefully start getting them out to GLOBE schools asap. (we have 3-4 in the wild right now, still going through the growing pains but it's working well thanks to mr wifilogger!) 

University of Toledo
GLOBE/GISAG Lab