Author Topic: WS-9035U question  (Read 2631 times)

Offline mi77915

WS-9035U question
« on: February 24, 2015, 07:46:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have a WS-9035U display unit with a "remote thermo-hygro" sensor and have a problem. My display went blank over the past week. So, I figured that it was a battery issue. So, I took the batteries out of both, the sensor and the display unit. I then waited at least 20 minutes and put NEW batteries in the sensor, then added NEW batteries into the display unit. I heard a "chirp" from the display unit. The display turned on..... I mean EVERYTHING turned on, everything looked like the number "8". I waited 2 hours and nothing changed...... I'm lost at this point..  Any help?

Thank you,

Tom

Offline mi77915

Re: WS-9035U question
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 04:30:29 AM »
It's time for a replacement of this unit... Contacted La Crosse, and they recommend that I get a replacement...

Offline pfletch101

• Forecaster
    • Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 09:44:35 AM »
It's time for a replacement of this unit... Contacted La Crosse, and they recommend that I get a replacement...

I hope it is still under warranty - if not, the replacement console will probably cost more than an entire new system! From experience, Lacrosse hardware is OK until it breaks, but their support is non-existent and replacement parts are prohibitively expensive (and may not solve your problem).
Vantage Pro 2+ connected to Raspberry Pi running weewx by means of Meteo-Pi - data incorporated in domestic energy production (PV) and use monitoring system.

Offline mi77915

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 12:11:11 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I am looking to replace the entire system, not sure which one to choose just yet..I'm still researching for a replacement.

anything