Author Topic: Elevation  (Read 1700 times)

Offline aeroclown

Elevation
« on: September 22, 2008, 09:53:05 PM »
Hi,

I just hopped on board and bought myself a Davis Vantage Pro 2 6152. It was a steal of a deal but that is another story. I have a question about elevation. According to the guide it seems as though I should be entering in feet the elevation my location is above sea level, which is ~18 ft. The question is, should I be entering the elevation of the property that the station is on, or should I be using the real elevation of the station itself ( Sea-level + Mast, 18'+15') ? I have done a little digging, but  I am still not sure on the issue. The Mast itself is in the ground and mounted to the side of the house, as a regular Antenna mast, with the ISS about 5 feet above the roof level (~15' from the ground to the ISS), in a sheltered corner of the house below the tree line and the Anemometer is about another 5 to 10 ft up from the ISS.

Offline NiceBill

• Forecaster
  • Texas Township, Illinois
    • Texas Township, Clinton, Illinois 61727  Weather
Re: Elevation
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:01:44 PM »

Hi aeroclown,

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find this a very friendly place.
I don't know where you are located, as it's not noted in your profile.

If you ever plan on uploading your data to the internet and to CWOP, I would recommend at this time, as you are so close, just enter "0".  In time you may find that you are better off.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :-)
[note: Bill passed away December 31, 2008 -- Rest in Peace Bill, you'll be missed!]

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 10:34:15 PM »
aeroclown,

Welcome to the forum.

The elevation needed is that of the console, not the ISS, since the console is where the barometric pressure is taken.

Bob

www.theamericanflagstore.com - The American Flag Store

www.nhweatherdata.com - NH Weather Data

Offline aeroclown

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 11:26:29 PM »
Thank you guys, for the welcome, and the input. I appreciate.

I have been lurking around as a guest for a few weeks, doing some reading. I had a few choice on weather stations and after doing some reading here. I went with davis, I just couldn't see spending half as much and having problem, when I can spend a little more and have equipment that would just work.

Offline Sigdigit

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 11:27:43 AM »
That's why I went with Davis.  I previously used a LaCrosse wireless rain bucket and had numerous problems keeping a wireless connection.  The Davis has performed flawlessly in that regard for me.

anything