Author Topic: Atlas bundle with wind extension  (Read 421 times)

Offline dmcclure

Atlas bundle with wind extension
« on: March 11, 2019, 01:31:10 PM »
Hello everyone,

Thank you again for your help.  After considering my options, I am leaning toward purchasing the Atlas bundle with the lightning detector, Access, and wind extension.  I am surprised how much cheaper the bundle is on Amazon vs Acurite directly!  However, the wind extension device is NOT included through Amazon.  Amazon does not even sell it (as best as I can determine).

Recommendations?

Buy the bundle from Amazon and wind extension from Acurite?  (I probably prefer purchasing all together just in case there is a warranty issue or other problem.)

Thank you greatly.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Atlas bundle with wind extension
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 05:55:15 PM »
Pricing is crazy on Amazon.  Apparently they buy Acurite gear wholesale, and resell it (as an authorized reseller) at a price they determine.  The Amazon prices will fluctuate greatly from time to time.  I looked a few days ago, and the complete bundle was $299 (Acurite's retail price).  Today it is back down to $256.

That said, you can only get the wind extension from Acurite.  It doesn't really matter how you buy the items, but you'll likely pay a bit of a premium with Acurite unless you find some good discount codes.  (once in a while the codes will stack)

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: Atlas bundle with wind extension
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 07:18:08 PM »
They need more sales to get their ratings up. The rating for Atlas is not what it should be IMO. Unfortunately, things started off rough due to the lightning issue and bad signal issue on some of the first products... When Atlas works as intended, it is the best system for the price, and build quality. All the features you would hope for on the outside sensor. Hopefully Acurite will continue to expand with more displays that have wifi or usb and more software options.