Author Topic: New Davis WMII $200  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Oceana Weather

• Oceana Weather
New Davis WMII $200
« on: February 27, 2008, 02:50:59 AM »
Have the chance to buy a new WMII, the 7440CS model for $200.  Even though it's discontinued is this a good deal?  Any thoughts comparing it to the WMR968?  I'm aware I'll have to run some cables and buy weatherlink to connect it to the net.

Thanks for any feedback.

Mike
Mike
Oceanside, CA
oceanaweather.com

Offline NoQuitters

• Forecaster
  • W0DLJ - 145.470
    • Overland Park Weather
Re: New Davis WMII $200
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 08:03:28 AM »
For the complete station that's not bad. I have one new in the box as well and just purchased Weatherlink for it. I'm going to use it as a mobile station when storm season starts up again in a month or so. Davis makes a module to make it wireless between the console and the station. For the life of me I can't remember the model of it but I think it was 6110. I'll look around the net because I want one for the project I seem to have decided to build.

Offline Jim's Wx Sta

• Weather Winchester Va
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 10:35:49 AM »
I'm using a Davis WeatherMonitorII that I bought and installed in April 1999.  It's still running fine with no problems.

Jim
Jim
Winchester, Va 
"Winchester Weather"

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
  • My weather is on WeatherForYou.com. Is yours?
    • http://www.weatherforyou.com
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 01:18:33 PM »
I'm using a Davis WeatherMonitorII that I bought and installed in April 1999.  It's still running fine with no problems.
Same time frame here.  It's still running at a friend's house in Lincoln, CA.  :)
Joe Torsitano