Author Topic: GRLevel3 Reliable?  (Read 17453 times)

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
Re: GRLevel3 Reliable?
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2008, 02:03:41 PM »
Thanks for links WeatherHost.  I seen some film on the news from there also.  They sure picked up a good two months worth in one day.   :-|
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 12:16:17 PM »
I shouldn't hang out here, I keep finding new things I want. I went to the GR site but didn't see anything about a price for ftp'ing the images to a personal website. Or did I misunderstand something.

Offline BfdWx

• WxElement panel
  • Senior Contributor
    • Branford Weather
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 01:10:05 PM »
There is an ftp program built into the software plus there are several free php packages for uploading a stream of pictures. You can use the fully functional free download for 21 days....I would suggest downloading it and playing with all the features....odds are you will purchase it after that..lol!

Jack

Offline WeatherBeacon

• Chief
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.wxbeacon.com
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 01:33:54 PM »
There is an ftp program built into the software plus there are several free php packages for uploading a stream of pictures. You can use the fully functional free download for 21 days....I would suggest downloading it and playing with all the features....odds are you will purchase it after that..lol!

Jack

Make sure you download the trial version only when you'll have plenty time to play with it. When I downloaded the trial version last year it was at a very busy time and I couldn't play with it much, and those 21 days go by quickly. Once you've downloaded the trial version, you can't download it again. (Apparently they save info about you somehow.) I even emailed them requesting an extension, but I never received a response.

Kevin...
Mae govannen!
Kevin  (Member AMS) http://www.wxbeacon.com               Genesee County, Michigan
Hardware:  Davis Vantage Pro Wireless, Midland WR-300
Software: VWS 14.01p43, WeatherFlash, & GRLevel3

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 01:09:52 AM »
Well I purchased a one month subscription to AllisonHouse Storm Chaser for GRL3 out of curiosity to trial.  I think that was a mistake.  I think I'm already hooked.   ;)  :lol:

I loaded all the new data locations into GR tonight and watched lightning and storms going through the area plus damage reports, metar, and all the other goodies that come along with it.  One close double lightning strike and a few minutes later a lightning bolt icon popped up on my screen less then a mile from my house.   8-)
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

anything