Author Topic: Internet Connection Failure  (Read 2087 times)

Offline chittcnty14

Internet Connection Failure
« on: August 24, 2017, 06:58:48 PM »
Hi Folks,

I have A Vantage Vue station and Davis Weatherlink software (all up to date). If for some reason my station is offline I always go back and attempt to upload the data that was not sent to Wunderground while the station was offline. Most of the time it takes 2 or 3 attempts to upload even a days worth of data to Wunderground. Uploading a week or two of data takes forever due to the continuing internet connection failure on the Wunderground module. I have no other issues with the internet other than this error. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? If so, any luck resolving it? Please see the screen grab below.

Thank  you,

John
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 07:02:24 PM by chittcnty14 »

Offline Northwoodsman

Re: Internet Connection Failure
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 08:29:07 PM »
Hi there. Unfortunately, I see nobody replied to your post but I am now having the EXACT same issue all of a sudden.  Like you, my system goes offline due to power outages or computer re-starts and I have to go back in to upload archived observations to Wunderground.  Eventually, I could get the data to go after several "internet connection failure" messages but now it just won't finish uploading, after multiple attempts.  I deleted the Wunderground module and re-installed and it did not solve the issue.  My next move will be to call Davis tech support.  If you figured it out yourself, please respond if you can.  Thanks.

Offline chittcnty14

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 11:27:55 AM »
Hi Northwoodsman,

Actually the issue is even worse than it was before- I get the "failure" notification almost immediately and unfortunately, the issue has not resolved even though I am now using a new Win 10 PC from Dell.  I migrated my Wx data to the new PC, installed the Davis software and the issue remained. I deleted the Module and all associated files in the Expansion folder, rebooted and installed the module again. Same result.
My station does not have any issues uploading real time, my data is there on the web. When I am away for an extended period I shut down my PC and load the data when I return, or, I used to...

Good luck if you hear from Davis. I haven't even bothered contacting Wunderground due to their web reputation for poor support...

John

Offline LasCruces

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 12:14:48 PM »
I am having the exact problem. Sent emails to Davis for months. Have tried to call and run out of time waiting.
I hope someone can help us with this problem. I do not believe it is a computer problem as I have tried to correct using 3 different computers with three different systems.

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 12:43:34 PM »
Hi Folks,

IMHO, odds are it is Weather Underground, considering the major issues currently ongoing there, not Weatherlink. My guess Davis will tell you its WU, not the software.

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline chappelledpc

• Senior Contributor
    • Stonybrook South
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 01:56:41 PM »
Hi,

I have a Davis VP2 using CumulusMX to do rapid fire upload to WU and experiencing the same issue.  Since my last restart of CumulusMX on 01/05/2018 14:28 through today at 01/07/2018 12:25, I've had 9,749 failures or about a 58.8% failure rate on rapid fire. Really filling up the log files!

I certainly hope whatever is going on with WU gets resolved soon. I may have to consider backing off doing rapid fire updates.

Offline chittcnty14

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 04:18:18 PM »
Hi,

I did send a support question to WU this afternoon. I will let you know what I get for a response.

Thanks,

John

Offline hotsauce2007

• Weather Station
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 04:06:22 AM »
Hi,

I did send a support question to WU this afternoon. I will let you know what I get for a response.

Thanks,

John

check this:

https://apicommunity.wunderground.com/weatherapi/topics/api-not-working-8jsfugpjga7xv

Offline NanoWx

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 11:07:42 AM »
Similar issues on FineOffset variation stns, using WeatherSmart 1.8 . Upload nearly always indicates 'Failure'. Yet some data is getting to wu.
Possibly any kind of data push (eg rapidFire) is lost, and wu is now only pulling data. Wu (re their api forum thread) keeping data in the 'cloud' continues to cause a lot of issues for pws, and even public data access.

Sadly, the whole situation is looking like 'cloud'y, with only some chance of/for data.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 11:23:50 AM by NanoWx »