Author Topic: Meteobridge Auto reboot  (Read 1383 times)

Offline ronmis

Meteobridge Auto reboot
« on: May 22, 2017, 12:58:00 PM »
Is there a setting in Meteobridge to auto reboot every day/week/month. I cant seem to find any.

I want to do this for two reasons
1. Get the latest version on reboot
2. Clear out memory and start fresh

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Re: Meteobridge Auto reboot
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 01:22:29 PM »
There should be a script under the "Services" tab. There is a reboot script. (reboot.sh)
I didn't have any luck with it, but I haven't tried it recently.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline bchwdlks

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 02:12:31 PM »
  • Network Tab
  • Expert Mode
  • System Tab
  • Scheduled Tasks

This will put you in the OpenWRT root crontab. You can schedule your reboot here.

BUT there really is not any need for frequent reboots. When you find a version that correctly does all you want, there is not any reason to update it. I am updating 4 weather networks, running 1 ftp & 2 http services, and an occasional shared Weatherlink connection. The memory stays consistently at 89-90% used. The only reboots that I do is after my ISP required router reboots and it stops talking to all my devices.  Then I have to power cycle reboot them. Most of the time that is no more than about every 40-50 days.

Offline ronmis

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 02:58:37 PM »
Thanks guys for the input. The meteobridge dev's have been doing an incredible job updating it very often and I wanted to keep my software up to date.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 08:57:32 PM »
1. Think more about a manual FW update, really not a good idea simply rebooting based on a timeline to acquire a new FW version that may and can cause hang-ups. Review the release log and decide if a reboot is actually necessary.

Offline ronmis

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 12:14:08 AM »
makes complete sense. I tried out the auto reboot feature and it works well, then I removed it. I'd rather reboot manually and make sure it comes up and works well.