Author Topic: Internal Server Error  (Read 2471 times)

Offline weathergirl

• Forecaster
    • Beamsville Weather Station
Re: Internal Server Error
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2017, 09:33:09 PM »
Yes, the one tech person I spoke to today (after being placed on hold for half an hour) asked me to send them the script. I told them the script was not the problem and to check their server ](*,)
Ann-Marie
Beamsville, Ontario, Canada

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2017, 09:56:27 PM »

Hi Anne-Marie,
I have been with GoDaddy for going on 8 years.  I can't say they don't have any issues but those are few and usually far between.  I don't hesitate to call them whenever I have a question, need to understand things like MySQL and Cron Jobs, or problem, and always someone available to talk to.  In getting my several websites working I've run in to some issues but have been able to overcome them all.

Regards,
Paul

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2017, 12:03:04 AM »
Yes, the one tech person I spoke to today (after being placed on hold for half an hour) asked me to send them the script. I told them the script was not the problem and to check their server ](*,)
You can (if you enabled it), use PuTTY to SSH to your webserver.  1and1 allows use of the 'top' command which shows the overall server load factor and what processes are running on your behalf.  A high load factor means some script (likely on a different userid) is running amok .. heres a snapshot of top on the server that run wxforum.net

copy them with the output of top to show it's not you doing the problem.  When a simple page with just
Code: [Select]
<?php phpinfo(); ?> fails, it's a server problem.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline weathergirl

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2017, 09:29:55 AM »
Thanks Ken. I'll try your suggestion when I get home from work later.
Ann-Marie

Offline weathergirl

• Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2017, 12:11:37 PM »
Paul: I did use GoDaddy before I used 1&1 but they accused me of running a suspicious script so I stopped using them. Thanks anyway :)
Ann-Marie

Offline cavuu

• Kincardine Weather
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2017, 01:38:23 PM »
My site is up at the moment but I have removed all the php temporarily from the home page except Environment Canada. (I'm running an iframe from Awekas for weather data.)
I will leave it this way for 24 hours and then revert back to the original homepage and see what happens.

The latest from 1and1:

We have received an update from our Admins and the main reason why the site is showing error 500 is because it is consuming lots of process on the system. The url www.pilor.com/info1.php is now showing up but there is a possibility that it may happen again if you will not optimize your site script to lessen the process consumption on the system. We have attached a screenshot to see that the url is showing fine. For optimizing script, you can refer/look for help to developers/experts since its already about scripting which is beyond our scope.
They included this attachment. But more data is available with www.pilor.com/info1.php . This is beyond my expertise. 
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:46:25 PM by cavuu »

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2017, 07:01:42 PM »
PHP 7.0 is better at resource usage that PHP 5 was, so that's a good thing.

I responded to your issue here.  It's a bit confusing to have multiple threads on this issue. 

At least you and Ann-Marie are on different 1and1 webservers, so you can't be causing each other issues.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP