Author Topic: WXtoImg Licence issues  (Read 19719 times)

Offline ChristopherD

Re: WXtoImg Licence issues
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 09:46:11 PM »
I am new to this hobby. I have saved and bought an antenna and hoped I will be able to enjoy the WXtoIMG program . I was even going to "pay" for the upgrade. Now to find out it is not upgradeable to enjoy the full benefit or  supported is very disappointing.
I tried Satsignal and picked up a nice computer virus. What is a good alternative?

Offline garyghj

• Munlochy PWS
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2017, 05:55:51 PM »
Hi Bushman. I really can't answer that one, perhaps others out there know the answer. However if you are able to establish a working 'key' I for one would be grateful. I have respect for Craig and his awesome programme and I suspect that just because he offered it for free, does not mean he cannot change his mind at any time. Gary

Offline garyghj

• Munlochy PWS
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2017, 06:07:51 PM »
Hi ChristopherD, The basic free edition is still worth having and working with, especially if you are new to polar orbiting satellite downlink receiving. Take a look at my images from today (http://www.stoneyfield.co.uk/wxtoimg/) If you are not already a member, it's well worth joining GEO (http://www.geo-web.org.uk/) they have great advice on all things satellite and how to set up a receiver and software. Gary

Offline garyghj

• Munlochy PWS
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2017, 06:15:01 PM »
Kevin, I have two editions running on two different ps's. both windows 10 64bit. One is 2.11.2 beta and the other is 2.10.11. I also dug out and old XP laptop we had in the office and tried both editions, but no joy. Thank you. Gary

Offline Psynosaur

• Weather Unified
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2017, 03:13:34 AM »
Thank you Kevin

Offline zanco

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2017, 03:26:47 PM »
Hi Kevin, thanks a lot! with your info I was able to switch to the licensed version and control my Icom pcr2500.

Thanks !

Ben - PE2BZ

I have  keys that works with 2.10.11 or the beta 2.11.02,  since Craig put up keys on the website to "open" it up for free, I don't see a problem putting up one of mine here, this is case sensitive so copy carefully or cut and paste,  Kevin Schuchmann  CGHZ-PP9G-EAJZ-AWKK-NDNX

Offline sebborn

• Weather Satellite Images
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2017, 05:47:49 PM »
I am running WXtoImg with Windows10 and, thanks to Kevin Schuchmann, I have the full version up and running. Make sure that you use the exact username and Key. I suggest you cut and paste each, use the info after the : for each. The info Kevin supplied is

Username      :Kevin Schuchmann 
WXtoimg KEY :CGHZ-PP9G-EAJZ-AWKK-NDNX

I hope this helps.

[/quote]

Offline KW6JIM

• Weather Images - Eureka, Ca
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2017, 03:46:16 PM »
Gary,
I was looking at your NOAA images.  Very nice!  I wanted to let you know about an option I found...  I you click on Options in and then Crop Telemetry...  it will!

Cheers and happy WXing.

Kevin, I have two editions running on two different ps's. both windows 10 64bit. One is 2.11.2 beta and the other is 2.10.11. I also dug out and old XP laptop we had in the office and tried both editions, but no joy. Thank you. Gary

Offline HighLife

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2017, 06:11:40 PM »
Old thread, but thank you. Kevin.  Worked for OSX.

Offline WA7FWF

• Contributor
  • Blitzortung 1196
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2017, 09:54:19 PM »
No problem enjoy it while it lasts, the NOAA APT series is getting old and I just watched the NOAA 20/jpss-1 launch last Saturday, the days of us getting the pictures straight from the satellite are coming to a end I'm afraid.

Offline leon_199194

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2019, 10:51:25 AM »
hi. I've tried the keys available at https://wxtoimgrestored.xyz/ and they do work but the problem is when I close and re-open the software, it starts in freeware edition. like it's reset back to default or something. does anybody know why this is happening? I'm using the 2.11 version on raspbian

anything