Author Topic: Solar Sensor For MKIII & IP 100  (Read 1797 times)

Offline havec

• Wunderground
Solar Sensor For MKIII & IP 100
« on: January 27, 2017, 10:57:45 AM »
Anybody have or know anything about the optional solar radiation sensor and expansion board for the WKIII?

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
Re: Solar Sensor For MKIII & IP 100
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 11:20:20 AM »
I would call Rainwise and talk to Lonnie White.  He has always been helpful when I have had a question, pre or post sales.

Offline havec

• Wunderground
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 11:41:14 AM »
Thanks.  I have been in touch with Lonnie by email.  He's out of the office at a trade show.  I want to add solar radiation to my new MKIII and would like to know if anyone has any experience with how well it intergrates with the IP-100.   

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 11:46:32 AM »
You have me curious about this too.  Looking at page 15 of the Rainwise catalog, I think you would need the expansion board and pyranometer.  I would also like the UV sensor and leaf wetness sensor.  I think I looked into this before and found it prohibitively expensive though.  I would also like to know if the solar data would then feed to WU.

Offline havec

• Wunderground
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 05:32:42 PM »
Lonnie quoted me $200 for the sensor and $78 for the expansion board.  It will have to wait until Monday when Lonnie gets back from his trade show to find out how well the solar sensor interfaces with the WU.  If it does, I'm going to order it. I really liked having the solar data on the Ambient 1400 IP that I am replacing because the rain gauge was not reliable. 

anything