Author Topic: Rain total  (Read 9320 times)

Offline Mehdi

Re: Rain total
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2016, 12:08:46 AM »
So far, so good.  The rain total is adding up without being reset to zero!   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I had to disable all sort of power management settings on the machine running wireshark so it will continue running for long periods, and I think I have it set now... Last I checked it had run for 18 hours.

I will leave the setup running and get back to town to spend time with family.  Next update if there is any issue will have to wait until Monday 12/26.

Merry Christmas to all!

Offline Mehdi

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2016, 12:04:46 PM »
Just a quick update:   The data is still being gathered.  So far, the rain data on MyAcurite site is showing the correct amount of rain and only resets to Zero at midnight, as it is supposed to. I'll continue monitoring this for another week.

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2017, 04:49:53 PM »
I just checked the rain totals this past week on my friend's SmartHub. They are showing correctly and had no resets during the day it rained.

Just wondering if the SmartHub received a firmware update over the past couple of weeks to correct the reset issue.

Steve

Offline Mehdi

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2017, 06:15:54 PM »
I'm still monitoring the network traffic, but I haven't seen any issues with my SmartHub resetting the rainfall amount in the past couple of weeks.

The only change I've made on my side was to replace the network switch I had connected the SmartHub to before with a smart Netgear switch so I could mirror/monitor the traffic.  I don't believe this has anything to do with the (now) properly working SmartHub.  I too suspect a firmware update or a change on the Acurite side!  Either way, this is a welcome change. :)

Offline tygunn

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 07:29:33 PM »
What firmware version are you running on your working smart hub ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Mehdi

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2017, 12:51:22 AM »
When I connect to the IP address of my SmartHub, Here's what I get:

Application Version = 224
Boot Firmware Version = 210

Offline Mehdi

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2017, 07:08:18 PM »
Well, I spoke too soon!  :(  The problem is still there. Unfortunately I disconnected my laptop / monitoring yesterday since all was good for a while.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 07:11:19 PM by Mehdi »

Offline SkipH

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2017, 09:12:45 PM »
To avoid cross-posting, here's my post on another topic thread about the rainfall resets and in accurate graphing:

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=31145.msg310879#msg310879

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 02:01:25 PM »
@Mehdi
try re connecting the monitoring as a test?

Offline Mehdi

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2017, 01:06:45 AM »
@Mehdi
try re connecting the monitoring as a test?

The only thing I did was to remove my laptop.  The switch is still setup and is mirroring the SmartHub port. I will go back to the beach house this weekend and will reconnect the laptop and start the packet capture again.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2017, 01:33:41 AM »
you just never know, it might help with the problem

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2017, 10:00:57 PM »
Mine seems to be fixed now, as of earlier today.

Offline SkipH

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2017, 10:25:39 PM »
Fixed means...it has run for more than 4-8 hours with out resetting the rainfall amount?

Was there new firmware update for the SmartHub?  Mine's still on 224/210, same as the other day.

Does a firmware update get pushed down to the Hub from Acurite or does it have to be manually downloaded somehow?

Mine reset the last time it rained, but today another weird thing happened.  I won't post about it until I see if I can figure it out, then see if this has happened to any other users.

Mine seems to be fixed now, as of earlier today.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:38:13 PM by SkipH »

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2017, 08:49:25 AM »
Yes,

224/210 here also.

My barometer jumped though .11 after midnight this morning. Now it's high, on Wunderground only, the myacurite is good.

I don't know how tweaks are done. It must be server related.

Offline haroldashe

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2017, 06:04:27 PM »
My migrated hub is still resetting at odd times.  The other hub, connected to a meteobridge, does not reset.

Offline haroldashe

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2017, 06:08:51 PM »
I, too, have application 224, boot firmware 210.

Offline SkipH

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2017, 12:38:00 PM »
Any more results/information on the  random rain fall reset 'feature' of the SmartHub?

Earlier this week, mine was totaling up a full day (midnight to midnight) just fine when we had multiple days of rain, so I thought maybe what ever was causing it was fixed.

However, the last 2-3 days, it's back to resetting randomly, today it has reset 3 times in 9 hours and therefore the daily total is incorrect on MyAcurite.com, but is OK on the wall display.

The totals on my WeatherUnderground station screen are resetting now also, those were working fine on 2 days earlier this week, so I don't think I can blame the MyAcurite web site database.

I have a full 4 bars of signal from my 5-in-1 sensor to the SmartHub, and a very reliable internet connection (60mb down/5mb up), so don't think I can blame my ISP either.

The SmartHub is still on software/firmware versions 224/110.

Offline SkipH

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2017, 11:25:08 AM »
It appears that the random rainfall reset 'glitch' has gone away.  For the at last 2 weeks or so, the rainfall on my unit has only reset at midnight, both on the "MyAcurite" page and on the WeatherUnderground page for my unit.

Hopefully it will stay that way.

Offline haroldashe

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2017, 06:34:32 PM »
It's been so long since we've had rain that I don't know if the issue has been fixed or not.  If we ever have rain again, I will check it and let y'all know.

anything