Author Topic: How to get the "pin" back on the Wondermap?  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Ladd

How to get the "pin" back on the Wondermap?
« on: November 03, 2016, 12:01:56 PM »
Before WU upgraded their WonderMap a month or two ago, I had a pin on the location of my house so I would know exactly where it was when zooming out and viewing approaching radar images. This pin location was built-in to the URL so it would always appear and the location was centered in the view. Now the pin is no longer visable, although the map still centers on the location. Any way to get the pin to reappear?

A day or two ago, the "weather stations" checkbox is automatically checked, showing about 100 weather station sites scattered around my location. I have to uncheck the "weather stations" box to make them go away and reduce the visual clutter. Unfortunately, refreshing the page re-checks the box and the visual clutter returns. Also, refreshing the page de-selects the "radar" checkbox. How can a stop the automatic selection of the "weather stations" checkbox and re-enable the automatic selection of the "radar" checkbox?

All of the above behaviors occur regardless of if I am logged onto the page or not.

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
Re: How to get the "pin" back on the Wondermap?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 01:20:37 PM »
As far as the second part of your question...They added back the "save preferences" option but it still doesn't work so you still have to reselect everytime  you sign back in.
Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline Ladd

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 12:03:14 PM »
The "Save Preferences" button did solve the problem with "Weather Stations" defaulting to on and "Radar" defaulting to off every time the page is refreshed. Thanks for that.

Now if I can get the Pin back, all would be good.

Offline Ladd

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 10:54:24 PM »
Still haven't figured out how to get the pin back.

I did, however, find the "keep favorites visible" option by clicking the "favorite" button just to the right of the search box in the upper left of the map. Unfortunately, clicking this to turn it on doesn't show anything on the map, so that didn't do any good? I tried in three different browsers; all showed no difference.

Offline Ladd

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 10:42:30 AM »
I have sent several emails to WU, with no return replies.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has figured out how to get the red pin back on the map?

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 01:41:01 PM »
Read any other forum posts relating to Wunderground?  Get used to it, folks If you must pursue a relationship with them.

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 01:48:49 PM »
I knew you were going to react to this :D :D :D

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 03:24:31 PM »
I knew you were going to react to this :D :D :D
You know, my friend, that if it weren't for the frustration folks go through, folks who are trying to accomplish something, and contribute, and see the fruits of their labor, this ongoing never ending Wu fiasco would be hilarious... and secretly I do laugh... not at the folks, but at the arrogance and apparent attitude of those minding the store at WU.
It is obvious to You and Me, I think, that WU's done with, and over with the little guy... all this BS of the last few years speaks the message they don't have the guts to state publicly:
"We're done with you folks. Don't need you, your cameras, your data, your radio... just go do something else. So we can scrape the data we want, and sell it to the highest bidder,  without worrying about you. Your achievements and goals just show us how incompetent we really are to sustain or encourage them, so Good bye. It costs us too much green to keep your Pins on maps, streams on our servers, display your data accurately, and maintain help and support for you and the expensive software and hardware you've acquired... so just go away."
That's the message I got from them years ago...
,,,And that just pisses me off for folks like LADD, who's trying to participate outside their computer room, and they get treated like this. 
Cripe... enough. Can't do anything about it, escept "WUFree",   and need to just keep my fingers under my armpits and off the keys... shake my head and go on.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 03:30:21 PM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 05:41:12 PM »
The moment when WU has completely lost reputation for me was when I found out the way they calculate avg temperature is by taking the middle value between min and max, despite the fact they have values in 5min intervals. After that I decided I have to do things myself - learn programming, make my own site - which later transformed into a template....

anything