Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE-FOR SALE-THE ALL NEW HYBRID DIGITAL TO ANALOG PRECISION BAROMETER  (Read 16201 times)

Offline tweatherman

• Forecaster
Got mine today.

Tim

Offline justin470

Not yet!

I hope it will be here for the weekend.

Justin

rikostan

Nothing in my neck of the woods either. UPS has shipped something in 3 days from Bill to I, so hopefully the USPS can get it here tomorrow!

rikostan

Still nothing.

Offline Anole

• Forecaster
    • http://pineislandweather.com

A gent placed something in the mail for me on Monday and I have not received it yet, but its coming from Canada?????????

I've seen packages coming from Canada (relatives there) take as long as three weeks to clear customs but normally it seems to be about a week or so to make it through on average here. So adding a week to what you would normally expect might give you a more realistic time frame.

It's worse going the other way. We normally ship Christmas presents to Canada the first week of November. I've seen take as long as six weeks for a package to find it's way through customs.

rikostan

Re: EXCLUSIVE-FOR SALE-THE ALL NEW HYBRID DIGITAL TO ANALOG PRECISION BAROMETER
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2008, 11:42:57 AM »
Wow still nothing! I don't think I have ever had anything take a full week to ship. We are usually shipping or receiving stuff from AZ, too, not just a couple of states over.
Bill do you have any kind of tracking number? I know USPS tracking is pretty bad, but I am actually a little worried.

Offline tomcj2

• Forecaster
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2008, 01:28:53 PM »
Mine has not yet arrived however the mail has yet to be delivered today.

Davis VP2 (6163), WL 5.9.0..  VWS 14.01 p25, Panasonic HM371A camera. WU & W4U KORCANBY3, CoCoRaHS OR-CC-27

Offline justin470

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2008, 02:38:03 PM »
I received mine yesterday afternoon. Now, I just need to decide the best place to mount it.

Justin

rikostan

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2008, 01:32:49 PM »
Finally! Both the barometer and my COCORAHS rain gauge came in today.
I don't think the descriptions of the barometer do it justice. This thing is awesome.
Thanks for doing the leg work Bill!

rikostan

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 02:40:13 PM »
Yes sir, it did. Although the package looked like it had been opened by USPS people.

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2008, 09:54:41 PM »
"Well now, lets see what all hazardous material ole Bill is shipping cross country today." Said Joe the mailman.   :lol:
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline tomcj2

• Forecaster
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2008, 10:04:47 PM »
....and my wife was disappointed when I walked in, that it wasn't a family sized pizza in the box.

Davis VP2 (6163), WL 5.9.0..  VWS 14.01 p25, Panasonic HM371A camera. WU & W4U KORCANBY3, CoCoRaHS OR-CC-27

Offline NiceBill

• Forecaster
  • Texas Township, Illinois
    • Texas Township, Clinton, Illinois 61727  Weather
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2008, 10:55:36 PM »

OK, now that everyone, that is getting one, has received there barometer. Some having it a bit longer than others, when you feel comfortable what say you as to what you think about it.

Size, face, response to change, pros, cons.  What would you like to see changed?  What do you really like about it?

Accuracy??

I have several points so far.

So far very happy.

Size, I love it, I can see it across the room.

Right now I will let others speak, but I do have something to comment about the face, see if you see the same thing.

Response to change, quite quick, you can see it moving.

As I have previously noted, I would like to see the location pointer a bit longer???

Accuracy as to now has been spot on -- with one of the four airport stations around me.  This is the only thing I am comparing it to at this time.  See the results in the new barometer for sale post.  Depends where the front is coming from and what time you read the barometer.  This could drive you nuts if you only have one point to check it to.

More later,

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :-)

« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 11:52:33 PM by NiceBill »
[note: Bill passed away December 31, 2008 -- Rest in Peace Bill, you'll be missed!]

Offline tweatherman

• Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 06:36:56 PM »
Well Bill and everyone,
After having my Trintec barometer for 6 days now I have found it to be no more than .01" off at any given time to the one I go by. The wife and the son just love moving the pointer around the big dial. I would also like to see the pointer a little bit longer myself.

Tim

Offline tomcj2

• Forecaster
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2008, 11:32:07 PM »
The specifications state “ This barometer is temperature compensated and displays the current barometric reading with an accuracy of plus of +/- .5 of a millibar or +/- .02 of an inch of mercury throughout the expanded 2 inch scale.”,  In the few days that I have had it I have noticed nothing more than a difference of 0.006 inHg ,when compared to my VP2 and that is only just around sunrise and sunset.  During the day it is bang on to the VP2.  (I don’t know which one, or if either one is correct. (“A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.”)

The only thing I have found difficult is reading the pressure to the .01 in; because of the expanded scale 30.1 is a long way from 30.2.  I have to count the hash marks from 30.1 to know if it is 30.16, or 30.17.  This could be corrected by either having small numbers above each hash mark, or using a Fibonacci series of markings. The face is also missing “MADE IN CANADA/FABRIQUE AU CANADA”

I am extremely happy with this barometer.

Offline WeatherBeacon

• Chief
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.wxbeacon.com
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2008, 11:24:00 PM »

This could be corrected by either having small numbers above each hash mark, or using a Fibonacci series of markings.

Please explain?
Mae govannen!
Kevin  (Member AMS) http://www.wxbeacon.com               Genesee County, Michigan
Hardware:  Davis Vantage Pro Wireless, Midland WR-300
Software: VWS 14.01p43, WeatherFlash, & GRLevel3

Offline tomcj2

• Forecaster
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2008, 06:45:35 AM »
  Fibonacci series of markings.

Each line would be longer than the previous one.for example .04 would be longer than .03 which is longer than .02 and so on.  I would like to see them increase to the mid point(.05) and than start again, in other words the mark for .07 would be the same length as the one for .02.  many tape measures are like this. 

Offline NiceBill

• Forecaster
  • Texas Township, Illinois
    • Texas Township, Clinton, Illinois 61727  Weather
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2008, 07:59:07 AM »

It's now on my list of suggestions, thanks, good one.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
[note: Bill passed away December 31, 2008 -- Rest in Peace Bill, you'll be missed!]

Offline WeatherBeacon

• Chief
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.wxbeacon.com
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2008, 12:13:45 PM »
  Fibonacci series of markings.

Each line would be longer than the previous one.for example .04 would be longer than .03 which is longer than .02 and so on.  I would like to see them increase to the mid point(.05) and than start again, in other words the mark for .07 would be the same length as the one for .02.  many tape measures are like this. 

I see. I wasn't aware that was referred to as a Fibonacci series.

Regards,

Kevin...
Mae govannen!
Kevin  (Member AMS) http://www.wxbeacon.com               Genesee County, Michigan
Hardware:  Davis Vantage Pro Wireless, Midland WR-300
Software: VWS 14.01p43, WeatherFlash, & GRLevel3

Offline justin470

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2008, 09:04:50 PM »
Very Happy!!!  :grin:

I have been using my barometer for about a week now and I am very glad I purchased it. The manufacturer is currently sending me the arrow pointer. The pointer was missing from by box, so I am unable to comment on the use of it. The barometer seems to be accurate compared to my Davis station and the nearby National Weather Service stations. I was fortunate to have very steady high pressure when the unit arrived and set it to match the Davis and Weather Service sites which all had similar readings at the time. It has continued to match the other sites within about .03 inches of mercury. It follows the changes both up and down, as do the other barometers that I have.

I will say that it can be a little hard to read from the other side of the room. I find myself having to get closer to get the full reading. However, from a distance you can easily get a general idea of the reading and weather the pressure is going up or down. As others have mentioned, a type of graduated markings system would be helpful.

I would recommend this product to anyone that wants a nice classic looking barometer as well as anyone that wants an accurate modern day professional weather instrument. 

Justin

Offline tomcj2

• Forecaster
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2008, 10:05:57 PM »
Just an update.  The current pressure is 30.46 inHg, the highest so far this year.  My VP2 and the  hybrid read exactly the same.  The closest Metar station was at 30.47,  7 minutes ago.  My old banjo is reading 30.37.  Seeing the hybrid at "3 O'clock" is more impressive than just looking at numbers.

Offline tomcj2

• Forecaster
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2008, 01:34:53 AM »
A small screwdriver convinced my banjo to play 30.46.  I'll see what it sings tomorrow.

Offline tomcj2

• Forecaster
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2008, 11:49:40 PM »
In the last 18 hours the pressure has dropped from 30.26 to 29.59 in Hg.  I sat and watched the arm move.   

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2008, 11:55:20 PM »
...I sat and watched the arm move.   

Just curious, do they step from one line on the face to the next or is it slower / smoother like a clock movement?
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline tomcj2

• Forecaster
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2008, 11:59:41 PM »
It jumps in .001 increments. ( 10 jumps per line marking)

anything