Author Topic: Traded!! Davis Vantage Pro II weather station with software and data logger  (Read 1036 times)

Offline C5dad

was able to trade

A new, never deployed Davis Vantage Pro II weather station with WeatherLinkIP software and Data Logger (USB) which is still in the shrink wrap.

The Davis weather station is one of the easiest to set up and use (weathershack.com rating of 4.8 out of 5). Couple that with the WeatherLinkIP software with USB data logger, you can have your weather available via the internet whenever you wish. For those who participate on weather nets - this is a heck of a unit.

The solar powered instrument cluster transmits up to 1000 feet with a refresh rate of 2.5 seconds. The unit measures/calculates:
Temperature
Humidity
Barometric Pressure
Rainfall
Rain Rate
24 hour rainfall
Wind Speed (current and 10 min avg.)
Wind Direction
Wind Chill
Dew Point
Heat Index
highs/lows
Sunrise/Sunset/ & Moon Phase
Your own forecast
Expandable for optional sensors (UV, Solar Radiation, Soil Moisture and More!)

Unfortunately, I am unable to use this rig where I live due to house construction (think Bunker made of 12" concrete walls filled with rebar which wreaks havoc on all wireless signals which necessitates a repeater. So I am planning on another route.

Best price out in the internet is via Amazon (approx $722):

Weather Station ($485)
http://www.amazon.com/Davis-Instrume...+vantage+pro-2

WeatherlinkIP ($237)
http://www.amazon.com/Davis-WeatherL...ef=pd_sim_sg_3

I would prefer a trade of a Yaesu FT-857D /817d or similar Icom or Kenwood HF rig.

Sale Price would be $650 (will split shipping to lower 48) OR best offer (and you pick up the shipping)after funds have cleared. And if you are outside of the US - Sorry, I will not sell.

Pictures upon request

I am willing to sell the station without the IPLink as well!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:48:30 AM by C5dad »

anything