Author Topic: Getting My MK3 Online-WV32  (Read 3261 times)

Offline litavecz

Getting My MK3 Online-WV32
« on: September 01, 2012, 05:33:37 PM »
I recently tried getting my station info online using WV32 software with no success.I heard I can get my MK3 online via weather underground.Has anyone done this?If so,could you explain the steps involved?I'm OK on computers but this a little beyond my expertise.I am running the cc2000 computer interface. ](*,)

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
Re: Getting My MK3 Online-WV32
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 10:51:23 PM »
you should be able to get WV32 to update to wunderground OK
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline litavecz

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 02:15:44 PM »
I have no clue how to do that.This kinda stuff is not my line of expertise.Frustrates the hell out of me!

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 02:41:48 PM »
have you signed up with wunderground?
do you get live data from the station into WV32?
Brian
info@weather-display.com

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 04:02:28 PM »
...just to add on..

WV32's main function is to send/place weather data and images to your personal website.  Like any software push to the web, you must provide the basic info such as account name, password and file directory location at the personal website location.

You can also use it to just feed other weather sites like WU.  The same info is required.  You would need to first talk to WU and sign up for an account.  Then fill in that info into the WU tab inside WV32. 

The main difference between the two is that using the personal website interface allows more choice as to how your data/site looks.  Although WU is a excellent way to push your data to the net, you don't have much in the way of controlling how it all looks.

Hope this helps.

Offline litavecz

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 03:28:25 AM »
That does kinda help me.I already have a WU account.What I'm confused about is how to find out my account name,password,and file directory.I have AT&T internet.Do I get this info from AT&T?Sorry for all the questions.This kinda stuff confuses the hell out of me!

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 06:06:28 AM »
are you refering to dial up settings?
Brian
info@weather-display.com

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 09:43:16 AM »
That does kinda help me.I already have a WU account.What I'm confused about is how to find out my account name,password,and file directory.I have AT&T internet.Do I get this info from AT&T?Sorry for all the questions.This kinda stuff confuses the hell out of me!

Find the setup tab inside WV32.  Find the WU data feed (Pro version).  Provide station ID and password.  You can also designate the frequency of the data upload.  If you don't know your WU info, check with WU.

Your AT&T account info (account name,password,and file directory) is only needed if that's where you have a personal website and want WV32 to send html pages and images there.  WV32 performs a auto check to determine if there is a connection to the net.  If your pc has a connection to the net (wired or wirless) you should be fine.  

anything