Author Topic: RainWise IP-100 interface  (Read 3960 times)

Offline weatherjim

• Town of Providence, NY
RainWise IP-100 interface
« on: August 01, 2012, 02:43:47 PM »
I have had the IP-100 since Dec of 2011. It has worked smoothly ever since, since it can be accessed as a web server a summary page can be displayed on your web explorer of choice.  Just find the web URL using your personnel computer net work app and use that address in the browser address window. It will display the index.html page of the IP-100.

Now the down side for me, I want to get a more complete set of data from MK III/LR that I own. There is not enough technical details available about the IP-100 to do so. There is for the C3000, but not the IP interface. I have contacted Wayne at RainWise, but replys are slow at best.

The other area is Intouch display, it had been an issue since day one. To the point that RainWise has honored a replacement for at a slight addtional cost for Orical display. There display software had many bugs and the unit would freeze up almost on a Dailey basis.

The IPhone/ IPad apps does have a few bugs, but in general I am happy with them. (rain totals for the month, are in general incorrect, seems to be a problem in the way the totalizer works summing the daily rain totals)

Sorry for being so long winded,

Jim
Jim
Upstate NY near the Great Sacandaga Lake and
Foothills of the Adirondack Mts.
Rainwise MK III LR
IP-100 data logger
CC-3000 data logger
WeatherSnoop Software
WeatherUnderground KNYGALWA12
CWOP EW5524

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
Re: RainWise IP-100 interface
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 05:37:26 PM »
did you mean you would like to hook it up to weather station software?
the www.weather-display.com software does work with the IP version
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline weatherjim

• Town of Providence, NY
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 07:05:44 PM »
Thanks for the response Brain, I am trying to write some of my own software in JAVA. The only details that I could get from Rainwise was that I could use the status.xml to interrogate the IP-100 . This returns a unformated set off data of current temps, pressure, wind speed, direction, rainfall, along with the max/ mins. I currently capture the data and merge it with a custom CSS FILE and display to my computer. It's a winter project that I am working on for fun.( I am retired and using this to pass some time.)  I would like to find out how the dew point is handled for one thing, lookup, calculation, etc.  I have a Mac, so I am not finding much software out there.  But I really purchased the weather station to write my own programs. It's coming along, got the communications down, now I need to workout the details to manipulate data to some visual graphics for display, data logging and ploting.
Jim
Upstate NY near the Great Sacandaga Lake and
Foothills of the Adirondack Mts.
Rainwise MK III LR
IP-100 data logger
CC-3000 data logger
WeatherSnoop Software
WeatherUnderground KNYGALWA12
CWOP EW5524

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 09:35:53 PM »
there is a new WD MAC version that should work with the rain wise IP data logger :)
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline darbonne

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 11:17:51 PM »
Hi Brian,

To use the IP-100 what settings do you apply besides setting the station under the Rainwise Tab for the MKIII with IP data logger.

anything