Author Topic: Meteohub losing data from Vantage Vue?  (Read 1340 times)

Offline jordy98x1

Meteohub losing data from Vantage Vue?
« on: February 03, 2015, 11:32:34 PM »
Hi all,

I have an Ambient Weatherhub that is about two years old. I think it may be the first generation. I used with with my Vantage Pro 2 and USB data logger up until about two weeks ago with little issues. I "upgraded" to the Meteobridge because it has a few features that I wanted to try out. I decided to use the Weatherhub on a brand new Vantage Vue with USB data logger that I got my dad for Christmas. I have it working, but the first day that I fired it up, it spit out data for about an hour then quit. When I dug into it, I noticed that there was no sensor data and next to "last signal" it read "never" in red font. It appeared to me that it wasn't seeing the USB data from the logger. I fooled around with setting and trying different things and got it to act stable so I left it alone.

It has worked fine until this evening when WU was showing that it wasn't reporting. I logged in remotely and the sensors had no data again. A reboot did not solve the problem. The only way that I could get it to give me sensor data was to click on the "Weather Station" tab and then on the "Init Command" pull down, select "clear internal recordings and set interval to 1 minute". After I select that, it came back alive.

Anyone have anything like this happen? I'm not sure if it is an issue with the data logger version or something else. The logs may mean something to somebody, but don't mean much to me!

Thanks,

Jordan

Offline jordy98x1

Re: Meteohub losing data from Vantage Vue?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 11:33:18 PM »
Log screenshot

Offline jordy98x1

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 11:33:51 PM »

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 07:02:38 PM »
The "illegal data records" messages in your log indicate that files are damaged.
You can try to cleanup the impacted months with the corresponding function on "inspect data" page.
If that does not help, a replacement of the storage media might be necessary.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline jordy98x1

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 07:43:21 PM »
Thanks for the info. Would that actually cause intermittent USB data as well?