Author Topic: MeteoBridge PRO - No Power Available  (Read 352 times)

Offline nqweatheraus

• Canberra Weather
MeteoBridge PRO - No Power Available
« on: April 20, 2019, 04:04:35 AM »
Hi all,

I'm looking at installing a remote weather station for a local sporting club at their arena.
The arena is out of town and does not have any electricity or internet connection available, but it does have a decent 3G/4G signal in the area.

Sporting events are held around once every 2-3 months, and generator power is used to run the facilities when needed. At other times, the site is unmanned and unpowered.

I've decided on the Vantage Vue ISS, as I'm familiar with this station and really like it.
I think a MeteoBridge PRO would be the perfect device to receive the data from the weather station.

My plan is to plug in a 4G dongle to connect the MBPRO to the internet for data upload, as I believe I've read somewhere that this is quite easy to setup.

My only issue is that I need someway to power the MBPRO.
As this is the only device that would need to be powered I don't think the power requirements are overly large. Has anyone got any good suggestions on a relatively cost-effective way of keeping the MBPRO powered?

Thanks heaps for any help

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: MeteoBridge PRO - No Power Available
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 07:47:44 AM »
Cost-effective isn't always the best way to go especially when you require to keep the MBPro powered. I have already provided a suggestion, was there a problem with that suggestion? If you want to "keep" the MBPro powered then you have to have some contingency to do that and cost effective isn't one a minor consideration, that is if you want to keep the MBPro powered.

You state you plan to use a Vantage Vue? How far will the Pro be away from the Vue ISS? Have you considered a MB Nano?     

anything