Author Topic: Logfiles Changed By Davis Import Tool??  (Read 834 times)

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
    • Carolina StormWatch Weather
Logfiles Changed By Davis Import Tool??
« on: April 27, 2014, 09:18:47 AM »
I own a Wireless Davis Vantage2 Weather Station with Weatherlink Software and have had an issue come up that has altered my ability to run Auto Learn on WxSim and I hope someone can help find a solution. This seems to definitely a Weather Display Logfile issue and not a WRET (WxSim) Issue.

Long story short I had to reload the logfiles of 32014lg and 42014lg b/c of missing days. Auto Learn in WxSim was working fine until I used the Davis Data Import Tool under Actions>Import dais Data in WD. Once this was done for some reason the wind and windgust speeds were changed in the Logfiles from using a decimal point (0.0, 4.1, 12.6, ect) to rounded whole numbers (0, 4, 13, ect) for these 2 rows of data for the entire month. Once this occurred my WRET Auto Learn runs were corrupted and the only thing I can figure out is the change in the Logfiles for 3/2014lg and 4/2014lg.

I tried to find a file in WD where these files were still formatted as they were supposed to be but can't come up with anything. The strange thing is that the NOAA Style Reports show the wind and windgust speeds with a decimal. Where is this data coming from is the particular logfiles are showing different values. I have attached part (due to size) of bad data from 3/2014lg and recent correct data in 4/2014 to demonstrate what I am trying to get across.

Any help in getting the correct data in these Logfiles would be greatly appreciated.

CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Logfiles Changed By Davis Import Tool??
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 10:33:26 AM »
I am confused by you saying you are using WL and then talk of WD?  No matter, in my Davis ssytem files  like downld02.txt, the eight day file and data browse all show  decimals.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

anything