Author Topic: 6 stations on the same WL account - most disappeared from the WL map  (Read 859 times)

Offline casacota

• Observatori de Sant Martí de Canals
I had until now 5 reporting stations at www.weatherlink.com
Since I added a new one (WLIP) in order to replace the only one working via WL-USB/Windows PC, all of the stations (at different geographic locations of course) except one under my account (since I manage all of these) have disappeared from the WL map. Emails to Davis support remain unanswered...
Is this a move to have only one station per account? If yes, how to remove the stations from the account? An email regarding this question also without answer.
Davis, quo vadis?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: 6 stations on the same WL account - most disappeared from the WL map
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 07:36:19 AM »
I do suspect that Davis support is short-staffed at present and it may well be vacation time at present?

There is no proposal for one station per account - accounts are automatically multi-station. The change that did happen a while back is one station per subscription, but that's something different - free (non-Pro) stations are still most definitely there as are multi-subscription accounts.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline casacota

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 07:40:03 AM »
I do suspect that Davis support is short-staffed at present and it may well be vacation time at present?

There is no proposal for one station per account - accounts are automatically multi-station. The change that did happen a while back is one station per subscription, but that's something different - free (non-Pro) stations are still most definitely there as are multi-subscription accounts.

Thanks johnd! I'll wait. But the disparition of all stations except one is very strange!

Offline casacota

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 07:58:47 PM »
Well, the WL-USB station was as requested deleted by the Davisnet staff, and all other stations are now appearing correctly on the map. So probably having more than 5 stations on the same account is an issue, intentionally or not.

Online Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 10:13:06 PM »
....There is no proposal for one station per account - accounts are automatically multi-station...

Am I reading that right ?? Where did that idea come from?? I have multiple accounts, some with 1 station per account, some with several stations per account. Are you implying Davis will not allow one station per account? or several accounts with a single station in each?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 03:15:53 AM »
....There is no proposal for one station per account - accounts are automatically multi-station...

Am I reading that right ?? Where did that idea come from??

About 3 posts up from casacota. But as I say it's simply not true. There are no limits to the number of stations per account - we have one account with 30 or more stations reporting to it (too many to easily count).
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Online Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 03:29:10 AM »

Am I reading that right ?? Where did that idea come from??

About 3 posts up from casacota. But as I say it's simply not true. There are no limits to the number of stations per account - we have one account with 30 or more stations reporting to it (too many to easily count).

Roger that, I agree

Offline casacota

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 07:00:31 PM »
I got an answer from Davis regarding the disappeared stations: it was due to network issues.

We have been experiencing a network issue causing this problem. A solution should be pushed by late today. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Offline havtrail

• Senior Contributor
    • Haverford Weather Station
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 09:18:57 AM »
Aha!
Onset HOBO RX2102 Cellular
https://www.havtrail.com/weather/
NEWA https://newa.cornell.edu Haverford, PA