Author Topic: Mist on the IR Camera  (Read 2878 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Mist on the IR Camera
« on: October 15, 2016, 11:59:02 PM »
I had the ADT cameras replace around the house, they were old.  They put in these new cameras, color, with night IR Vision.   Today it has been misty and I looked over at the cameras and saw this video.  Looks like snow but it isn't

[youtube]https://youtu.be/x-vNFaVtmTg[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkaRh_Jjq3A[/youtube]
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:07:32 AM by Aardvark »

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Re: Mist on the IR Camera
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 07:42:37 AM »
That's really strange. The other camera's seem to be fine.
I know nothing about night vision camera's but I'm assuming some type of infrared technology is being used. Is it possible the camera's showing the distortion are by a clothes dryer vent and and what you are seeing is the heat from the vent and the small lint particles?
Just a wild guess.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 11:14:37 AM »
the other cameras on the other side of the house.  also, no wind..  at least on the VP2 station. The dryer vent is on the Northeast side, the driveway on the East. South and west are the cameras.    I think it was the particles propelling the motion as the mist fell enough force to move particles below.   pretty strange  but then again it is Iowa
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:16:25 AM by Aardvark »

Offline bchwdlks

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 02:20:42 PM »
Do both cameras have the same 'night vision' settings? My cameras have 4 different parameter settings for night vision. If mine are set differently I see similar results - one camera 'sees' way more motion that the other.  I do not record video, only images on motion.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 03:11:30 PM »
these do. These are ADT A-CB7D36PI] - Analog: 3.6mm bullet.   They are on continuous motion detection.  The drive is big and overwrites.  also has provision for pulling video off on a flash/thumb drive is needed.  They are regular security cameras and I have attached a picture of what it sort of looks like . I had to do some quick editing to get it small enough to post here.

There isn't any IR adjust.  I can adjust color and things like that ,but as far as monkeying with the cutoff and other no.