Author Topic: 1525 display losing 5-in-1 signal  (Read 2089 times)

Offline BuckeyeGuy

1525 display losing 5-in-1 signal
« on: August 06, 2013, 05:02:33 PM »
Hi everyone, I searched but didn't see a specific thread for this, so I figure I'll post up: my 1525 receiver is constantly losing signal from my 5-in-1. I know there are a lot of variables involved, but here's the thing: it will carry a full 4 bars, steady, for days, and then it will completely lose signal. I have the AC adapter plugged in to the display, and the sending unit is clear of anything that might cover the solar panel. If I reset the display, it will search for the sending unit, find it and hold it for a while, and then lose it again.

I also have a 1055 display that is about 40 feet and 1 interior wall closer to the sender that never loses signal.

I guess what I really don't get is how my 1525 can hold signal for a while and then just stop. Any thoughts?
Ray D
O-H!
Go Bucks!

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
Re: 1525 display losing 5-in-1 signal
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 06:16:44 PM »
I would suspect that something else in your house is interfering with the signal. It could be almost any wireless device.

Cordless phone, cell phone, wireless printer, microwave.  The closer one has a strong enough signal to maintain lock.

Finding the culprit might be hard to do.

Offline BuckeyeGuy

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 06:26:47 PM »
Interesting. I can't find any info on what freqs it operates on, though I see the troubleshooting guide saying to keep it 3 feet away from electronics, yet an option to plug it in via USB. I'll see about relocating the display.
Ray D
O-H!
Go Bucks!

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 07:31:54 PM »
The 5-in-1 sensor transmits on 433 Mhz, just like all kinds of other short range electronics.  Here's a thread from another forum detailing the hunt for some causes of severe interference:

[url]http://www.doityourself.com/forum/communications-voice-radio-data-communications/327749-433-mhz-interference-causes.html/url]

In addition to the above devices, I believe that tire pressure monitoring systems are the newest device on this band.  Perhaps you or a neighbor have a new car with TPMS that is transmitting pressure data when parked nearby?????
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol: