Author Topic: AcuRite Support  (Read 2397 times)

Offline DogBytes

• DogBytes  Pittsfield Townshihp, Ohio
AcuRite Support
« on: July 20, 2013, 10:45:58 AM »
Has anyone ever had problems with AcuRite Support? I recently opened a service issue with my humidity sensor. AcuRite gave me a case number and eventually responded with a suggestion to do a hard reboot by removing all of the batteries and power for 30 minutes.I tried that and now I have no pressure data from the USB (OK on display), and I get random rainfall rates over 75 in/hr. AcuRite told me to let them know if the 30 minute reset didn't work, which I did, but they have not responded to any of my emails. It's as though they have completely blown me off. I even tried opening another request. I really like my 1025 when it was working, but it didn't even last a year. Any comments?  ](*,)

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: AcuRite Support
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 11:52:21 AM »
Unfortunately this seems to be a common problem at AcuRite.

They seem to have two different methods of support that aren't well synchronized.  One is their actual customer service line, the other is their support board (which I haunt as a user). 

You might try complaining on the support board (http://support.acurite.com) .  Make sure you mention the lack of response to emails.  You probably won't get  a response from an actual employee for several days, but it usually seems to spur some action.

I'm not sure of the management structure, but I think "Jenny" is the person at AcuRite with the authority to get things done.

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 10:46:31 AM »
Please let me know if this was ever addressed to your satisfaction. I apologize that you had a bad experience with our customer support.

Just to give you some background on AcuRite customer service-
We legitimately place a very high priority on customer support- we have a fully staffed and dedicated customer support center at our facility in Lake Geneva, WI- and I personally train them on our products and services every week. Jenny is in charge of customer support, and makes sure that everything is addressed.

Thanks,
Ryan

Offline Hammerjoe

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 11:59:53 AM »
I had to deal with customer service a couple times and besides the waiting time to have someone on the other end of the line
they have been great everytime.

Really good customer service.

Rhino I sent you a PM and I wonder if you got a chance to read it?