Author Topic: Incompatible logger with new console - please help!  (Read 1923 times)

Offline WX_Frank

Incompatible logger with new console - please help!
« on: October 17, 2014, 12:04:39 PM »
Hi....I have been using Davis Vantage Vue with Weatherlink (Usb) and Cumulus for many years, but sadly my Barometric sensor stopped working on my console, and I got a new one today.
The problem is I got the message: "Incompatible logger" when I connect my Weatherlink to my new console!  :?

Both console's are #6351, but the old one is 6351UK and new one is 6351EU.
As far as I know that shouldn't be any problem, but I really need help here to make this up & go asap - please anyone??

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
Re: Incompatible logger with new console - please help!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 12:27:05 PM »
Simple answer: contact your local distributor or dealer.  Your new console is "green dot" and your older logger is not.

I gather you are not in the US.  So, that may not get your problem fixed without additional expense.

Offline WX_Frank

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 12:43:08 PM »
thank's for the reply dalecoy, but I was hoping there was an easy way to fix this  ](*,)

Both console are identical except for the UK vs EU, and my old one (UK) was recently updated with the new (3.0?) firmware as well.
I find this very strange as I tough this would be plug & play - anyone else got any Idea?
(Btw I'm located in Europe).

Edit: the problem is that I bought this WL (logger) years ago, but as long as it works on my (updated/old) one, I don't understand why it wont work on the new one??!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 12:46:25 PM by WX_Frank »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 12:59:21 PM »
The problem is that I bought this WL (logger) years ago, but as long as it works on my (updated/old) one, I don't understand why it wont work on the new one??!

dalecoy told you the answer, which is complete and accurate. There is no other answer. If you need more information then try searching older threads on this forum for 'green dot'.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 01:07:09 PM »
We have two threads covering the same issue!

The reason for the problem is simply that Davis changed their design of the data logger and their firmware. For later versions, you MUST use their "Green Dot" logger. As far as I know, there is NO workaround for this issue.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline WX_Frank

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 01:09:08 PM »
OK...thank you guys - more money to spend  :evil:

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 01:36:38 PM »

I don't know where you are, nor how you purchased your new console.  Some distributors/dealers/sellers will arrange to exchange a compatible logger for your old one.

That's why I said:
contact your local distributor or dealer

Offline WX_Frank

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 01:51:46 PM »

I don't know where you are, nor how you purchased your new console.  Some distributors/dealers/sellers will arrange to exchange a compatible logger for your old one.

That's why I said:
contact your local distributor or dealer

Thank's again "dalecoy" ...a bit frustrated atm, but hopefully you're right and I will send the seller an email asking.
I'm a norwegian living in Spain :)
Here is my seller:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAVIS-WEATHERLINK-PC-ANSCHLUSS-FUR-VANTAGE-PRO-2-ODER-VUE-6150USB-6150SER-/350583829331?pt=DE_Elektronik_Computer_Haushaltsger%C3%A4te_B%C3%BCgeleisen_PM&var=&hash=item51a06cb353

I also bought a new Davis ISS from him, so I really hope he's a "good guy".