Author Topic: It's Time  (Read 18975 times)

Offline d_l

• Forecaster
  • Slide Mtn - Mt Rose
    • Thomas Creek Estates neighborhood weather
Re: It's Time
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2012, 01:28:04 PM »
I'd wait a while on the UV sensor. Davis is currently conducting some experiments on a newer UV sensor that's going to be cheaper. Not sure when Davis will finally it release but it would be better to wait and get the more recent model. Right now for the UV sensor expect to look at 315$.

Well, a new, cheaper UV sensor isn't going to be happening anytime soon.  The 2012 catalog still lists the 6490 UV sensor at the same old price.  Oh well.  :roll:  2012 Davis catalog
--Dave--

Wireless VP2 w/ solar, 24hr FARS, Heater, (Envoy-WLIP)*3-Meteohub, plus custom VP2 @ 26', WL 6.0.4, WU & W4U=KNVRENO37 NetcamXL

People always talk about the weather, but they never do anything about it.  Not me.  I'm gonna measure it.  https://www.tceweather.com

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2012, 10:26:25 AM »
Too bad - but I have time.  I was hoping that mass test would unleash a new solar sensor.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 08:26:48 AM »
Well folks, it's going to happen... I am ordering my unit today if possible.... Getting it from ProVantage... Seems to be the better price...

Jim

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 04:48:11 PM »
Well folks, it's going to happen... I am ordering my unit today if possible.... Getting it from ProVantage... Seems to be the better price...

Jim

Attaboy!  I'm sure you'll love it!  :D
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline HermanA

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 05:20:42 PM »

Jim

Thanks for the tip on that vendor.  I've been hoarding pocket change for a few months and lurking on here with my end game goal a 6163 sometime around Fathers Day.  I JUST got an email that I was awarded a $500 cash award for a project I completed early in 2011 for my company.  This, of course triggered me to go get a quote from provantage.  A few more days of "no lunch" and I'll be ordering that bad boy!

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 05:53:20 PM »

Jim

Thanks for the tip on that vendor.  I've been hoarding pocket change for a few months and lurking on here with my end game goal a 6163 sometime around Fathers Day.  I JUST got an email that I was awarded a $500 cash award for a project I completed early in 2011 for my company.  This, of course triggered me to go get a quote from provantage.  A few more days of "no lunch" and I'll be ordering that bad boy!

Having your new station won't be as exciting if you're in the hospital from malnutrition.  :-P jk  Good luck with your upcoming purchase as well.

Offline svcrews

• Southeastern Kentucky Weather
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 09:29:32 PM »

Jim

Thumbs up!  Mine came last week, direct from Davis Instruments, Provantage does "drop ship" on this from them.
Saved a bundle.

Offline HermanA

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »
Having your new station won't be as exciting if you're in the hospital from malnutrition.  :-P jk  Good luck with your upcoming purchase as well.

All part of my master plan.  I need to drop 10 or so pounds before I start fiddling around on the 2nd story roof of this place :)

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 12:14:32 PM »
ITS DONE! I pulled the trigger this morning and ordered the Davis VP Pro2+ with remote transmitter and serial Datalogger....Now I have to get the yard primed for setting this thing up...  :lol:

Jim

Offline ctccbc

• Senior Contributor
  • Acurite 01035, Weather Display
    • Chris Collins Morehead City, NC Weather
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 01:06:05 PM »
Congrats on all of the new stations. I used an Oregon Scientific WMR100N for 5 years, with good results, but recently switched. I am now using the Acurite 01035 and love it. I was very skeptical because of the price, but when used with Weather Display, it works almost flawlessly, and the data, especially the barometer and dewpoint are far superior to what I got with the Oregon Scientific unit. Just my two cents worth. Anyways, enjoy your new stations!

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 02:31:41 PM »
re the acu rite, make sure to keep up with WD updates for improvements/fine tuning :)
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 04:42:53 PM »
ITS DONE! I pulled the trigger this morning and ordered the Davis VP Pro2+ with remote transmitter and serial Datalogger....Now I have to get the yard primed for setting this thing up...  :lol:

Jim

It sounds like you're already primed!   =D>
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2012, 07:22:39 AM »
Jim
Just be patient when you hook everything up.  The Davis console can take quite a while to find your ISS and Anny xmitter when you go into setup mode. It can be several minutes.  Much longer than the 5 to 60 seconds you are accustomed to with the OS searching for sensors.

Good luck.

Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2012, 10:11:49 AM »
Thanks Guys... Any thing I should know or modify when getting this thing?

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 10:11:55 AM »
Just keep your receipts and paperwork from Provantage. I bought an Envoy from them and it came in DOA. No beeps. Called them within 7 days for an exchange and they said they wouldn't do that. I would have to send it to them and they would have to send it to Davis for repair !!!! I said I wanted to return for a refund. They said there was a restocking charge....on a DOA !!!!  It was a 4 week round trip and thanks to calls to Davis I managed to get a new one but it still had to go through Provantage. I will still buy from them but only for non-critical items.

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2012, 10:33:36 AM »
All you really need to do is change the anny xmitter to transmiter id 2, iss is 1 (dip: Off off On).
I had to install the metric adapter in the rain gauge, but you wont need to since you're imperial.

Andrew

Ps: learned something new helping with the kids homework.  They still teach a bit of non-metric up here.  However they now refer to imperial measures as "customary". 

Thanks Guys... Any thing I should know or modify when getting this thing?

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2012, 05:21:48 PM »
Imperial and (US) customary are not the same!  Darn Ontario teachers.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2012, 06:34:19 PM »
Didnt say they were the same exactly, just dont recall then even using word "customary" when we learned inches, ounces, etc.

Imperial and (US) customary are not the same!  Darn Ontario teachers.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2012, 07:15:02 PM »
That's cause in Canada we learned British measure, not US customary

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 10:44:15 AM »
I don't know how you guys withstand the excitement.. Just got my shipment invoice from Provantage telling me it's shipped but they don't have a tracking number from the shipper yet....

Jim

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 10:46:15 AM »
Good things come to those who wait!  :D

Have you went online and downloaded the manuals and stuff?
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2012, 11:53:37 AM »
Ordered on the 9th, shipped today?  I was orgininally thinking you might have had it for last weekend.

Andrew

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2012, 11:56:43 AM »
Andrew,
  Yes, oredered on the ninth and they just cleared shipping today....So....

And no Slow Modem, I have not downloaded the manuals yet....

Jim

Offline moehoward4

• Forecaster
  • Jack in SE MA.
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2012, 12:28:02 PM »
My LAST order through provantage took 3 weeks to get to me...I called provantage and got a real run around, then was told to call Davis, then sent beck to PV, again sent to Davis who finally gave me a tracking #. PV doesn't care after orders are placed with Davis.....my LAST order from PV.   
3 Davis set-ups...which one ya wanna talk about? And I got ALL my manuals....

Offline moehoward4

• Forecaster
  • Jack in SE MA.
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2012, 12:49:32 PM »
SoMDWx      just looked at my notes for that transaction....call PV and give them your PV order# and ask for their p/o# that they used to order from Davis. Then call Davis C/S and give them the PV p/o# and Davis can give you a tracking # and you're off and waiting.....       Jack
3 Davis set-ups...which one ya wanna talk about? And I got ALL my manuals....