Author Topic: Routine WU alerts of station not reporting  (Read 478 times)

Offline sward6368

Routine WU alerts of station not reporting
« on: May 08, 2019, 08:29:41 AM »
Likely more a WU topic but since data coming from a VP2 with IP logger thought would start here.

For about the last month, almost every day, I receive an email from WU that my station has stopped reporting data.  Then routinely 30-40 minutes later I receive an email that I am back on line - with no action being taken on my part.  Internet connection was maintained throughout this time and I am able to view my stations data in this window on Weatherlink.com and on the iphone app - so I know the IP logger is transmitting data to Davis.  I don't know of a way to check the connection between Davis and fwd on to WU (or exactly what that flow is).  Interesting thing is earlier this year my station was off line for several days due to a local network issue and I never received an alert from WU.  These only seemed to have started in the last month or so.

I am not overly worried about it as always seems to resolve it self relatively quickly, and I don't really use WU, other than my smart sprinkler system does pull down "hyper-local" weather conditions and rainfall amounts from my weather station to adjust irrigation schedules.

Thanks for any suggestions

anything